Tuesday, March 20, 2007



I've Discovered Fabric Postcards!!

Thanks Rebecca, for the easiest directions EVER!!! I made three tonight. It was fantastic. The only thing I had difficulty with was the Peltex I bought. It lists 3 kinds on the same directions, no fuse, one side fusible and both sides fusible. I discovered that mine is fusible on both sides, (now I have to clean the iron, : ( )

I took a photo of the one I made for my Godson, Mark for his birthday. He is attending Michigan State University so his has a Spartan theme. I forgot and wrote on it before I took the photo, so I will only post the front. The back is just plain white anyway. I promise I will post one of the other ones later. I made one for my DD that is also a Spartan so it is pretty much like Mark's. I made a third one as a thank-you for a friend's mother. My friend, Yuki, carved a stamp out of stone for me with a pinwheel on it. It also has my name in perfect, tiny Japanese characters! I really wanted to be able to use this on my quilt labels but could not find ink (like the kind used for rubber stamps) that would not wash out of fabric. Unlike rubber stamps where the part stamping sticks out this one is recessed. Anyway, her mother sent me 3 different colours of ink! Purple, Green and Red. I tried it on the postcards and it works great!! So, I made her a postcard as way of a thank-you. I will take a picture tomorrow and post it along with pictures of the stone stamp. That Yuki is a wonder! Let me know what you think of my first postcard.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~