Saturday, June 23, 2007

St. George's Trophy




Let me say that I first saw this quilt "St. George's Trophy" on another blog, www.cottonpick.blogspsot.com I, as did she, fell in love with it. The quiltmaker and quilter is Helen Baczynski. I think it is one of the most inovative quilts I have ever seen. I liked it enough to ask Helen if I could make a similar one. She gave me permission and even told me exactly how she made hers! She is a very nice person and quite generous too. While I was at the LQS yesterday, I bought some batiks for the "scales". You can see in the picture here mine will be much more purple. That's because the person I will be making it for is really a purple person! And her dragon self *Sparkle* is purple. I wonder which knight will have this trophy??hmmmm, I'll have to think about this!

2 comments:

Marisa said...

Wow, this quilt is pretty wild. Hard to tell how bit it is. Was it large or small?

sophie said...

I can't wait to see how you interpret this interesting quilt.

Thanks for visiting my blog--I haven't been able to get around to visiting all the doll quilt swappers blogs yet--there are so many of us.

I am in Lansing--do you think we're the only two Michigan quilters in the swap?

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~