Thursday, November 01, 2007

I LOVE Halloween!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

As most of you already know, I had a Halloween party at my home last Friday. My DD1 was coming in from IN and really wanted me to have a party, like we always did when she lived with us. So, sucker that I am, I took most of the week off work, cleaned up the sewing, I mean living room, cleaned the house, decorated, made food and hosted a party. We had such a good time. I have so many photos that I will post them a few at a time. The first ones are of the decorations.
This is the front of my house, complete with ghosts that my DH and I made when the kids were little.

This is Frankenstein's monster on our porch. He used to light up but that broke a long time ago. When we first decided to put him on the porch, I took some of DH's clothes and stuffed them with leaves. Wayyyyy to much work. Now we use newspaper. The cup by his hand used to have dry ice in it so it would froth and smoke. My DS asked me on Halloween where the dry ice was!

This is the cat on my front door.

We bought a zombie a few years ago. His eyes light up and he sways while he talks. It is pretty cool!

I fell in love with this cat basket. So cute.

This is a votive candle holder, my...Cat-O-Lantern!

I found these pumpkin folk at an apple orchard. They look very cute on my hearth.

I used one of those carvable pumpkins and carved the face and then made a flower arrangement. i put one of those little battery powered candles inside too.

I love the bathroom. Can you see the JOL quilt showing in the mirror?? This is the black cat room!

Here is a large collection of my black cat Halloween things.

These are on the back of the toilet.

We bought these JOLs many years ago along with the little plastic shelf that attatches to the window. That way they look like they are floating in mid air.


This is my favorite ghost. Jumping out from behind the shutter! BOO!!

One more shot of the front porch.


I will put up some more pictures of the food and the people later, maybe tomorrow. Since the sewing machine is put away I have not done anything quilty except some embroidery for a quilt. I have 2 back from Liz and they will need binding. I will probably sew it on tomorrow night so I can turn it while I watch the Michigan-Michigan State game on Sat. I got back the crazy rail quilt (for the boys home) and the cat one for my friend with bone cancer.

I did manage to get to the Methodist Boys Home and drop off some Halloween candy. My CL's and I are working on making quilts for the boys. They have been taken from abusive homes and sometimes have come with only the clothes they are wearing. They have nothing of "their own" so we decided to try to make them some quilts. There are 70 boys 10 and up living there. They were so appreciative of the candy. The director told me that they usually get candy donations *after* Halloween so the candy from the CL's was greatly appreciated. More later...

3 comments:

Elaine Adair said...

Aren't you the clever one!!! Wow, I was lucky to get candy for the little tykes!

How cute this all is! Congratulations on a bootiful job.

Jeanne said...

What a party your throw! I love all of your cute decorations. I'm sure a wonderful time was had by all making all the effort you put into the party well worth it. Mabye the food looked too nice to cut into, except for the cat poop. It looked a bit too real! VBG

Tonya Ricucci said...

fabulous decorations - I love all the black cats. great bit of JOL quilt too!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~