Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Judy's Cat Quilt

These photos are from the quilt I made for my friend Judy that has bone cancer. I met her last night for dinner and gave her this quilt. I did some of the applique and the ladies in my quilt group at the church did some of them. Liz my LAQ did the quilting. Judy was thrilled with the quilt. I would like to know what you all think of it.



Here are a few close ups of the individual blocks. I especially love the ones with the mice on them.














This is the label I designed for the quilt. Notice the pinwheel stamp!


Here is a gratuitous photo of Aiden and Mosen sleeping that I took recently. Aren't they cute?


I have to work the quilt raffle for the next 2 days so probably won't get a chance to post. I have a few photos of the back of the Big Ten quilt and the label that I will share when I get a chance. Hope you all have a great weekend!!

8 comments:

Shellie said...

I love the quilt. The cats are so expressive. You all did a wonderful job.

Faith said...

I love the cats and the stitching what you have done round the cats its gorgeous, also I love the materials with the little mouse on I think they are cute and love the faces

sophie said...

It's beautiful! I own the book with those cats in it and seeing your quilt makes me want to pull it out and make one of my own. I'm sure Judy will treasure it.

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Really lovely. I think it looks cheering and comforting and with a perfect touch of whimsy... something like your cute kitties... it captures cat charm and warmth. Prayers for Judy.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Wonderful quilt, fantastic quilting by Liz the Whiz, too. Best wishes and prayers to the recipient.

Rose Marie said...

It is whimsical and bright and perfect for someone not feeling well. Many prayers for Judy.

atet said...

It's adorable -- I'm sure your friend loves it.

Jeanne said...

Pam, the cats on the quilt are all adorable! Judy will love it, I'm sure. I wish it was given to her on a happier occasion, though. You all did a wonderful job making the quilt.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~