Friday, November 30, 2007

This and That

I know that I have not posted for awhile but a lot has been going on around here and not much of it quilty! I trust that everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. It was small but nice here. My DD1 had to work so it was a little strange without her. Last year we had some friends from Japan and from Brazil for dinner but this year just the fam and my dad and sister. My DD and DS wanted to know where all the other people were? That made me laugh. I told them that my boss and his wife had invited them first so I was told I had to call my friends that night and invite them for next year, which I did. Kids are funny aren't they?

I gave 3 kits to my LAQ friend, Liz and her parents made 3 crazy rail quilt tops for donation to the Methodist Boys Home (MBH). They have embraced the project (which is what I have the CL working on too) and have finished 25 tops to date. Go folks!

I had quilting with the CL this past Wed and we had a very big turn out. We have attracted several new quilters which has been great. Interestingly enough one of them told me that she was from Indiana. When I asked where...you'll never guess...Madison!! That's where DD1 lives!! How odd, huh? Well, I had to go to the church office and found out that one of my CL's had passed away the day before! It was so sad. I had just seen her 2 weeks ago. She has been unwell for some time but I had no idea she was so ill. I collected money for flowers and ordered a beautiful basket of white roses, larkspur and carnations. We all went to our quilt room and selected a quilt to give her family too. It is the first CL to pass on since I have taken over the group. I had a really hard time with that. Sorry to be so sad, but it is good to talk.

On a better note. Laxy, the dog, is adjusting to life in cat central. She was spayed on Tuesday and seems to be pretty much back to normal already. I wish I could bounce back so quickly.

Well, I GTG as DH and I are off to Shipshewana to shop and spend the day together. More later...

2 comments:

Faith said...

Im sorry to hear about your CL member that passed away, it was really good of you to collect for some flowers and choose a quilt i think that is a lovely gesture.
Im glad to hear that Laxy is settling in well and that she is bouncing back after being speyed.
Sounds like she is getting used to Catland.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I am deeply sorry for your loss, you're right when you say that it is good to talk about your friend who passed away, indeed that's true. I'm happy that Laxy is taking everything in stride and becoming acclimated to life among the cats, coexisting peacefully is one of the things that make life so GOOD!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~