Sunday, January 06, 2008

Finishes

I have been reading a lot of blogs lately and many are talking about New Year's resolutions. I have made some. One of them is to finish as many already begun quilts as I can this year. This means those that are cut out and those that are only in my head. Do any of you make quilts in your head? I do it all the time. The only problem is getting the design (so perfect in my head) into a form that can achieve those results! I digress...

This weekend DD2 helped me "take down Christmas". This took all day on Sat. I am so glad to have my house almost back to normal. We still have DD1's new TV in our LR as she was going to see friends and did not want to have to unload it and re-load it into her car before she went back to IN. DS LOVES it because he can play guitar hero and Halo 3 on his XBox 360. It is where my sewing machine lives, so I am displaced, temporarily. It is ok for now as my machine is in getting a tune up right now. I expect her back any day now. I have the new portable one I got for Christmas, but I haven't even taken the time to thread it and try it out yet. Some of the ladies in the Ann Arbor quilt guild reccommended this Brother machine as many of them have it and use it for classes etc. My DF Ellen has one too and she loves it and since she didn't steer me wrong with my Bernina, that's all I needed to know. I have 5 quilts back from Liz and need to trim them and make binding, but it will wait. I think I have convinced DH to make the trip to IN next weekend to see DD! and bring her TV and the amoire too, woot, woot!!

With this enforced no sew zone I have going on right now, I decided to work on the hand embroidered quilt blocks I only pick up when I am really, really bored and now have another one almost finished.

A friend of DH's just had a baby on Dec 30. I made a quilt for his sister so figured I should make one for him too. I got the entire quilt done way before Christmas it is even all bound. I made the label too, I just needed to sew it on. Sounded like a good project for tonight so I started on it and look who decided she wanted to help!! I think she missed DD2 (her momma).


I think the label turned out quite nice.

Do you remember this quilt? Well one that was similar anyway, lol. I made a larger version for my friend Kimberly when she adopted a little boy.

I just love those bears!

Liz the quiltin' whiz worked her magic and did the cute little mice all over it too. If you are wondering why the airplanes on the back it's because my DH is a pilot and he flies with the dad of this new baby. I always have some kind of airplane fabric lying around.


I know that I still need to get some close up photos of the Texas quilt (it is AMAZING) but it is dark and the photos are so much better when I take them in the daylight. I am trying to organize the NYR but will post those soon too. I have to go back to work tomorrow so maybe I can do it in between other things.

2 comments:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

I do all kinds of things in my head, like quilting, house cleaning too lol. I think your resolution is a good one... add one thing: Post lots of pictures of finished quilts so my friends can admire them!

Tonya Ricucci said...

oooh, sweetie kitty pie.in the way, but wonderful. I make LOTS of quilts in my head. I don't worry about perfecting them before I get started tho. Then again, I don't get all that many of them ever started (too many ideas). I still have christmas quilts up at my house, although everything else is put away.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~