Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Seattle still day 2

This is the Bremerton ferry to Seattle.  It is a car ferry but we just went across on foot.  It was HUGE.  Here is an interesting fun fact.  It does not turn around.  Apparently there are engines on both ends. We docked with one end in and left with the other end that was previously out.


Awwww, aren't we cute?  This is me and DH on the FREEZING ride to Seattle!
This was such a pretty picture of the Seattle skyline.  You can actually see some of the sun peeking through the clouds and reflecting off the buildings.
My favorite, the Space Needle.  I remember this from my childhood visits here.
Now comes the quilty part!  This is the Undercover Quilts shop in Pike Place Market and this is the owner Linda.  They had a lot of patterns by local designers.  I bought one and will show it to you all later (with fabrics too).  She was very nice and gave me their ebay store address.  they have 3 yard cuts of some unusual fabrics on this site in the sale section of their ebay store.  You should check it out!
She had a lot of asian fabric there that I had not seen either, but the patterns really fascinated me.
We walked around at Pike Place Market and the fish stores were just amazing.  Salmon as big as your legs!!!!  No joke.  And so cheap.  In Mi the wild caught salmon is unaffordable and even the farm raised is pricy unless on sale.
check out DH checking out the running water fish tanks, talk about fresh (the fish, not DH...well, sometimes DH ; )
I will post about the last day either later today or tomorrow and then on to the fabrics and books.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Oh, I'm envious! My hubby and I went to Seattle once and loved it--you're reminding me of the fun we had! I sure wished I lived there and could buy some of the fish and produce from the market, but staying in a hotel--well, what would I do with a fish?! ROFLOL! We took the ferry to Victoria and guess what? We ran into a whole group of quilters going home to Canada after a quilt shopping spree in the US! My hubby was just amazed at how there are quilters EVERYWHERE you go! Sounds like you're having a great time--enjoy yourself!

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

"This is your brain on quilts"? Hilarious!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~