Wednesday, January 02, 2008

What's On Your Bed?

I can finally play, "What's on your bed?" I have been quilting for about 6 years in Feb and have not made a quilt for my own bed. I cut up this "Flannel Brick Road" quilt and gave it to Liz the Quiltin' Whiz's parents who actually put most of it together for me. They gave me back the "left over" blocks, which I used to add on to the width of the quilt and viola...I now have a quilt of my own! You can even see it on my bed so you know I am not lying!!

I found this great cat flannel and bought it a hundred years ago. I picked up the other flannel on clearance (which I will not be able to do anymore, stash busting and all). I have used every bit of the cat flannel.

As you can see Liz quilted it with cats, of course!

I used all the rest of the cat flannel on the back. I guess I had a little tiny bit left after I trimmed it but I cut up what was left and put it into the cut bins for future use (Thanks, Bonnie for teaching me to do this!) What wasn't big enough for the bins but had a whole cat on was saved to use when I need a cat for a label.

As I was trying to blog recently, I had to step away from the computer for a little while and Autumn decided she would help keep the computer keyboard warm for me! Cats are so good at that!


So enquiring minds want to know...What's on your bed?

New Year's resolutions to come soon!

2 comments:

atet said...

Isn't it interesting that most quilters make lots of quilts for others before they think of their own beds? I know that was the case for me as well :0). I love the quilt you made for your in-laws and the Texas quilt for your son is fantastic! Happy New Year -- may it be filled with love, laughter and lots of stitching!

Jeanne said...

On my bed? Usually two cats and a pile of clothes that need to be put away. VBG

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~