Thursday, January 03, 2008

WOW

BURRRR...Baby it's cold outside! We are at -1 here today!! I took these photos yesterday looking out my window at work. I work at the University of Michigan and we have a spectacular view out our window. Isn't all the snow beautiful? The weather man tells us it will all be melted by the weekend and it will be 50, we will see about that! Can't predict what the weather will be like but they can tell us all about Global Warming and how it will effect us...Really? You can tell me about Global Warming but can't tell me what the weather will be like a few days from now, sheesh!! I shouldn't get started down that path. Oh yeah, snow. Isn't the snowflake in the window cool?




One of my CL's did this quilt. I just got it back from Liz today. Shirley (the CL that made it ) has not even seen it yet. She hand appliqued all those little quarter circles down on that background. There are almost 900 3" blocks!!! She kept calling it the quilt she would never finish before she dies, but she did!! I gave it to Liz to work her magic on and voila...a masterpiece!

Shirley chose a plain back and just look at that fabulous quilting! Liz told me it took her a little over 12 hours and she did it all freehand!!! Amazing. Such talent.

Not the best photo of the front. but the best I could get without letting it touch the lab floor!

I just couldn't resist sharing! Let me know what you think...

7 comments:

KC Quilter said...

Wow, just gorgeous!!!! Thanks for sharing them.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

That quilt is fabulous, Liz the Whiz strikes again! Give Shirley a pat on the back, too. Wow! Your snow pics are great, hard to believe that temps in the 50's are just around the corner for you!

Faith said...

wow it was lovely to see the picture of the snow and that gorgeous quilt your freind has made its beautiful, I love the shape and theres such a lovely feel about this quilt just looking at it.

Faith said...

so awesome thanks for showing the pictures the snow looks cold.... we have yet to get it here and wow i just love that quilt its gorgeous

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Yes, beautiful quilt! And the snow... oh my goodness, what a wintery winderland, and it reminds me of the lovely hush that comes with deep snow. Oh, yes and the cold, cold, cold and the shoveling and slipping and layers and layers of clothes... I am just trying to discourage myself from pining for a real winter!

Jeanne said...

I think it is absolutely gorgeous! Liz did a wonderful job with the quilting and I love the appliqued quarter circles. What a great quilt!
I'm so behind on reading blogs, but hope to catch up this week.

Mary Johnson said...

What a gorgeous quilt!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~