Sunday, April 20, 2008

Updates

So I haven't blogged for a few days and now look at all the pictures I have!! I had a chance to make some of the 9 patches I am doing for my sister's Posie Patch quilt. I found some fabulous white that looks like it has dandelions on it (you always have weeds in your flower beds, right?) I had an opportunity to lay a little of it out and here is what it is going to look like. What do you think?

I found this little lacrosse guy online and ordered the software and sent it to Liz (she not only quilts but does machine embroidery, who knew?) I need her to make a few color changes but this will be my little (or not really so little) lacrosse player. Since he got the OK to play again we have had a game and he played yesterday. The whole game we only scored 3 times and he made 2 of the 3 goals. He kept going off the field and we didn't know why coach was taking him off. After the game we asked the coach and he told us it wasn't him! DS needed to catch his breath and get water as he has not been able to run at practice for the last almost 3 weeks. The coach said, "Are you kidding me, I told him to stay out there, we needed him on the field!". LOL, makes a mama glad!
I also promised to show you the fabric I bought when I went with Charlotte and so here it is, first the fish, for DH's someday fish quilt.
This one doesn't show very well but it is really nice in person, very soft.
These next photos are from Karen's bridal shower. She is my friend from Brazil that I made the garter for, remember now? Isn't this pretty? It was before everyone got there.
Everyone brought food so I thought I would show you what the food table looked like. Obviously we didn't starve, laugh!

This is Karen, the poor unsuspecting bride. We made a special "bride's chair" for her to sit in. Apparently there is a custom in Brazil where everyone draws a number and then "decorates" the bride, so this is the before.
Oh, yes, I thought you might like to see the famous Robin. She is my boss's wife and my friend. She is a fabulous graphic artist also. She helps Liz and I design quilting and I help her design her quilts. It is a good relationship! She does great work and is very easy to work with. I do talk about her so thought you might like to have a face to put with a name.
So here is the after! She was a good sport. That side pony tail really "made" the bride!*VBS*
Here she is modeling with her "bow boquet" that the infamous Robin made from all the bows from the shower. Leave it to Robin to make something so artistic from bows and ribbons!!
Here is the lovely Karen modeling the garter I made.

Well, I have to go and clean the house now (as DH is making a LOT of noise and making me feel guilty for blogging). I don't know if I will post again until I return from Paducah so have a good week.

5 comments:

dot said...

I like what you are doing with the four patch posies. What a clever idea. The fabrics are nice. It will be fun to see what you do with the fish. Looks like the shower was fun.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Wow! you've been very busy! Your sister's quilt is looking great. and the shower seems like fun :) and I always enjoy looking at fabric and wonder, 'How will that be used?' Thanks for sharing and have fun at the show :)

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

The posie quilt looks like the picture of spring... light and fresh. Someday I want to try that repeat cut pattern... it's very clever. The shower spread looked gorgeous and delicious, and the dress the bride game looks like hilarious fun. And cheers for your high-scoring-breathless son! I hope he can keep up the good work.

Faith said...

woo I think your sister's quilt is coming on beautifully, simple things are always the nicest I think, especially simple patterns nothing too complicated, the colours are yummy and I love the way how you have chosen specific patterns for the individual squares.
I love the fish material something so different and the shower whooo all party party there...:0)

rachelmp said...

What a great post! Your sisters quilt is going to look fantastic and it looks like you have been busy too! Thanks for visiting me, and I'll be back to visit you too x Rachel

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~