Thursday, October 02, 2008

Big Ten Fabric and Potential Swap

I forgot to tell you....Liz's link is now active!!!  She is adding things all the time but go and check it out!!

I had to go to the LQS on Monday looking for border fabric for the Big Ten quilt and I found it!  There on the left.  The amazing blue one!  Well, while I was there I thought I really needed (needed, mind you) to look and see what other Big Ten colors they had.  We always struggle to get the right colors and I had the "kits" with me so I could actually match the colors to the focus fabrics.  I got yellow for U of M and Iowa, red for Wisconsin and Red for OSU.

More red, for Indiana, orange for Illinois, green for MSU and gray for OSU.  
I still need some colors but this was a nice start!  I shopped at Threads and Treasures where the owner, Kay Atkins, is so nice and friendly and gives you a 25% discount if you buy 1/2yard cuts (or more).  I can't find the website right now (not sure they have one) but if you are ever in Belleville Michigan stop in and tell her I sent you!

I am considering hosting a swap.   I have to take a picture of the quilt top to show you before I post all about it though.  It would involve you guys having partners to swap with and me sending you all a pattern that involves using 5 yards of different fabric to make.  What do you think?  Would anyone be up for a 1 yard focus fabric swap?  The quilt is adorable and quick.  If there is no interest I will drop it.  My CL's will be doing this challenge after Christmas (they are too stressed out to do it before Christmas and the craft show).  

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You háve been busy! I wasn't able to do some blogreading for, let's say, 10 minutes, and you've posted, posted and posted some more!
LOVE the big red polkadot fabric,(in fact I love all of them) GREAT tutorial (got to try that one
for sure!) and the almost solid fabric you bought?: wauw colours!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~