Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Beautiful Day In My Neighborhood

I went over to my friend, Charlotte's house to help her with a border for one of her quilts and decided that since I was going I would bring my "House" quilt and make use of her design wall. Here are all the little houses with the house fabric blocks inbetween. What do you think of the big polka dot border? I am still playing with borders. I will get the blocks sewn and then have to make some choices. Last night I went to sleep thinking about this quilt and now I have some more border ideas that I will try.
Woke up this am to *more* snow. It was all sparkly and pretty. I don't know if it shows up very well in this picture but it was so very beautiful. Just a light dusting of fluffy stuff.
Today is my friend Karen's 32nd birthday. I made a banana chocolate chip cake, very yummy! I love this recipe it is easy and always good. I used a church bundt cake pan and put powdered sugar on top so it looks like snow on the roof. She is from Brazil and so snow is still a novelty for her, lol. I will take a picture and post it either later or tomorrow so you can see too. It smells like heaven. I shouldn't eat any with this diet,but I will probably take a little piece. I'll have to point it out later, *sigh*. Good news is the scale told me that I have lost what I had gained and a little more too, so that's good news!!

5 comments:

Gina said...

Love the quilt but I'm not too sure of the pink fabric border.

that cake sounds yummy. I'm not surprised you want to treat yourself to a piece.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Unknown said...

hi Pam, i love all of the new quilts...soo gorgeous...hey, you read my blog right? won't you be a "follower"??? GOsh it says"zero" right now and I know of 5 people that read it so im going to ask you and them to be "followers" go to the page and click on the widget for followers so it shows more than just "me" LOL...aww c'mon...please??? LOL ha ha...thanks girlfriend.....

KZK said...

Very cute quilt!
The cake sounds incredible! Are you going to post the recipe, too? :)

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I like the PD border fabric, it's whimsical and fun. Eager to see the church cake. Glad you're enjoying your snow. ;)

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

I like the polka dots...whimsy like the quilt!

You and Liz make a great *quilting team* :)

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~