Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Completed Tops and the House fabric

I showed you the cute little houses now these are the blocks that will be between them.  This house fabric was the fabric I pulled in the 5 yard challenge.  It was the inspiration for the little houses.  Cute, eh?

I worked very hard this weekend to finish these two tops.  This is the Paisley Party top.  the colors remind me a little of The Ugly Quilt except that I really love these and the other ones were poor imitations.  
I think this one will be going to DD2's friend Kara.  She is the last of the friends that still *needs* a quilt and I think I can part with this.  I really do love it though.
I have been working on this top for the last year, literally!  It was part of Leanne's 365 Day Challenge.  You had to put the rows together (lenghtwise) and write on a square every day for 1 year.  I began this last January.  I'm glad I did it but I'm equally glad it is over.  It would be fun to do a smaller version for someone expecting a baby, if they remembered to write on it!

My DD2 told me I needed to make 2 more so each of my children could have a year of my life!  My DD1 said there will be no fighting over it as it is hers.  Well sorry, honey, I think DD2 will fight you for it!  Maybe they can share it, LOL.  Who knew?!  

I was trying to decide what to back it with.  Decisions, decisions.  I wanted to use from my stash so when I was looking through the flannel bin I found the purrrfect piece.  It is white and has cats and quilt blocks all over it and I had enough to use for the back!!  I can't show that to you as it is with LTW.

1 comments:

Gina said...

Great quilts. What a lovely heirloom the 365 days quilt will be.

love and hugs Gin axxx

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~