Thursday, May 28, 2009

Wedding Wishes

I got Karen and Cory's quilt back from LTW and thought I would share the quilting on it with you. Here is a corner. I love the swag and the border treatment. She used a light aqua thread and it is just perfect with this quilt!

DSCF4313
Here is my label and you can see the aqua thread up close.
DSCF4312
LTW used an overall pantograph with large flowers for the center part. We wanted a large quilting pattern so the signed squares on the back would not get lost nor would the pieced squares on the front. She chose a beautiful couple of border patterns though to make it look a little more custom.
DSCF4316
You can see the blocks a little better here.
DSCF4315
This is LTW and Karen's attempt to hold it up so I could get a photograph! HAHAHA!!
DSCF4314

Please remember that LTW will do quilts for you too all you have to do is contact her! Her work is beautiful. (See the link to her on my side bar)

I did all the hand stitching on the binding in about 3 hours last night and boy am I ever sorry today as my left shoulder is killing me! I am very happy with how it came out though. I gave it to Karen this morning when I got to work and she is just thrilled with it too!!

4 comments:

Crispy said...

Oh Wow Pam the quilting is just stunning!!! The quilt is just lovely and something they will cherish for years and years.

Crispy

MichelleB said...

I love the quilting! It came out great. I don't think I could bind a quilt in three hours, even if you paid me!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

A beautiful quilt from a wonderful friend! I'm sure the bride and groom will cherish it forever! :)

Allie said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~