Sunday, August 09, 2009

Big Ten Quilt 09

I got up early this am to press and trim the centers for the Big Ten quilt. I thought I would show you what I am talking about. My friend, Robin, designed the logos to fit into a 5.5" square. I get all the fun of tracing, fusing, cutting, fusing and appliquing and pressing and trimming! WHEW! This is how the "Big Ten" block came out. Now you may be asking "Why did she make a Big Ten block when 10 logs would make a fine quilt?" My answer? Look closely at the Beg Ten logo. See anything ? Look really, really hard at the "T". Yep, there is an "11" because there are actually 11 schools in the Big Ten! You can't make as wonderful a quilt with 11 blocks, hence the Bit Ten block.

Big Ten Block
This is the school they added. Penn State and this is their logo, the Nittny Lion. Let me tell you what a pain he is to stitch around. My most hated one to do! He came out fairly well though.
Nittny Lion
The Iowa Hawkeye is the second most hated and I put a quarter by him so you can see that the blocks are not really that big. I like how he came out too.
Iowa Hawkeye

The kits are complete all I need is Ohio, Illinois and Northwestern to be embroidered and I am ready for the sew-a-thon to make 2 of these quilts at Robin's house in 2 weeks.

I really want to work on the owls but we will see how that goes since we are heading to see DD this afternoon.

I hope you all have a productive weekend too! I'm getting close to my 400th post, can you believe it? I am planning on some kind of giveaway to celebrate so stay tuned. Probably won't happen until after the Bunny Hill giveaway, but maybe I will have to see how busy I am!

7 comments:

dianne said...

wow! IMPRESSIVE! i'm kinda confused about the big ten being the big eleven - but i have never understood sports ...... the logos are super!

MichelleB said...

Wow! Those are some fabulous blocks! Even if they are football - lol. I love the owl blocks, too. I like the dark colorway.

Crispy said...

I'm very impressed!! Those logos would drive me battier!! Well Done!!

Crispy

Gina said...

Great logos

love and hugs Gina xxx

Mrs Quilty said...

Very clever! I see that 11! That will be an impressive quilt.

Allie said...

Wow, great job - I'm impressed! And even more impressed that you turned the iron on today. Even with the a/c, there was NO WAY I was turning mine on, lol!

sophie said...

Seriously, shouldn't they have run that Penn State logo past you before they allowed them to join? It's going to be another wonderful quilt!! I may have to find a way to bid from Texas to counteract the occasional feeling of all things Texan being shoved at me . . . hookem' horns!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~