Sunday, June 06, 2010

Did You Survive The Tornados?

We had some vicious tornados that swept by us last night. They touched down about 25 miles away from us. There was at least one and maybe as many as 3! Scary stuff. LTW lives really close to where they touched down so I called her this morning to see how they weathered the storm. All is well at the farm. Thank goodness!

I have to tell you I did not have a good weight week. I gained 2.2 pounds! Curse the holiday weekend. DD gained too so we are going to work harder at being good this week. Wish us luck! In that vein, I went to the gym in the am and did a class. It was good, but I'm a little sore today. Then I decided to do some major cleaning again! I washed down all the cabinets, which took me about an hour and a half. Washed all the throw rugs, cleaned the downstairs bathroom and took the Murphy's Oil soap to the wood floor in the dining room and hallway to the bathroom. We did not have the air on so I was sweating up a storm! That was probably good for me too! Today it is cold and wet here so maybe I will finish the laundry and sew.

You will all be proud of me. I *finally* did it. I installed EQ6 and I am working my way through the tutorial lessons in the book. I ordered EQ7 so I thought I should learn 6 before installing 7.
It seems like I am spending so much more time on the computer lately though and not getting as much sewing done. Is anyone else having this as an issue? Between email, reading all the wonderful blogs on my Bloglines, Facebook, and Farmville and now EQ it just seems like I never make it to the sewing machine! Of course there is gardening, weeding, cleaning, cooking, laundry doing and spending time with the family going on not to mention a full time job. UGH. Someone actually told me I haven't been very productive this year. Thanks, I hadn't noticed. LOL so along with being better about what I eat this week, I am going to spend less time on the computer when I am at home. (I can do some of the computer stuff when I am at work, like email and read blogs, in between what I am doing at work.

Last but not least I will be joining my friend Karen on a trip to Shipshewana for their shop hop. She describes the trip way better than I could so pop on over to her blog and read all about it. She has one friend going with her and I may have LTW and PTM so we could have 5 of us going together! If you are in MI and want to join us for the trip just drop me an email and we will see if we can caravan or if you are already going, maybe we can meet up for lunch. If you are a reader of my blog and want to meet up for lunch there just let me know and we can meet for lunch. I figure there may be some from IN or OH that will be going on the Hop. I can email you my cell phone number so we can talk.

That's my report for now. Hope you all have a great day today and I appreciate all my blog readers!

7 comments:

Lynne (Lily's Quilts) said...

Me too - I sometimes wonder whether it's the quilting I enjoy more or the online quilting community - I think it's both.

Crispy said...

I go back and forth with being productive with sewing but I can hardly walk by the computer without seeing if anything is going on...don't want to miss anything!!! It's been a bad year for tornados, we have had two VERY close calls..like blocks away from our house. I hope Mother Nature settles down soon!!

Crispy

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Long as you are happy/content in your choices-all is good!

A blog reader wanted to know 'why' I wasn't getting anything done either! Well there is life other than sewing,quilting and blogging, eh?!!!! :)

SewCalGal said...

I saw the news this morning and learned about the storms. Glad you are ok. And happy to hear you are playing with EQ6 in prep of EQ7's arrival. Enjoy and have fun creating.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Gari in AL said...

I have set time limits on computer time and set aside sewing time. However, my EQ time is not "computer time.". It is educational and I only spend 1 hour at any one time so I don't get tired of it. See, we all have this conflict.

Annemiek said...

I just watched the news flash here about tornados in Ohio. VERY scary. I'd like to move to the US quiltwise, but I'd rather stay put weatherwise!!
I still didn't install EQ6 (shame, shame)....
Weight will be okay, don't worry. You'll reach your goal,no doubt and I keep on cheering!!

Saska said...

I think that's the reason why I haven't bought it...I spend WAY too much time on the computer at work and I don't want to set down to it every evening.

I want to go to Shipshewana SOOOOO bad! DIL's grandparents live up there and I think I need to go visit sometime. It would be so much fun.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~