Sunday, February 20, 2011

Better Late Than Never...Right?

That's what I thought anyway. I had designed a mug rug for my DD1. She is the one that hatched the pea fowl that now reside at LTW's farm. I did the owl, then the two birdies (which I gave to DD2) and I had this one drawn, fused and actually stitched. All I needed to do was the free motion quilting (UGH). I decided to do it today. I started it and them PTM called. We wanted to meet up at JoAnne before the snow storm hit. I needed some thread for the purple project and a little sparkly purple, which I found.

We managed to get what we needed and just in time too because as we were leaving the snow was coming. I shoveled and then came in to sew. I sewed for awhile and then went out and shoveled again. I think we got 6 inches. DH shoveled yet again and he said there was at least another 3 or 4 inches. SHEESH!! Now we are waiting for the sleet and icy rain.

Alright, enough about all that, I'm sure you would like to see the peacock mug rug right? Here ya go! Front and Back!!
Valentine Peacock Mug Rug 003Valentine Peacock Mug Rug 002

I think I am in LOVE with my Valentine Peacock. I may just have to make him bigger and make a doll sized quilt. (In my spare time, ROFLOL)

I did work on the purple project too and got it finished. Too dark for a photo tonight so you will have to wait until tomorrow. Have a good night and if you have to go out tomorrow, drive safely!

15 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Love, love, love the Valentine Peacock!

Wivi said...

What a lovely Peacock!

Gill said...

Gorgeous!
Great idea to use him again in a doll quilt - looking forward to seeing it!!

Jan Maree said...

what a gorgeous mug rug! too nice to use - needs to be hung on the wall!!!!

Impera Magna said...

The peacock is just too cool and the quilting really makes it!

Vickie said...

Love the peacock mug rug! Very sweet!

Mommarock said...

It really is so cute.. and I don't know why you said UGH with the Free motion.. it is fantastic!! I havn't gotten up the nerve to do it yet.. I got my new machine.. and it is sitting there.. the Free Motion is scaring me away.. so I gotta just get up the nerve and go for it today.. yikes..

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Your mug rug is fantastic! All of those tiny hearts make such a great tail. Your fmq is far from UGH - it's beautiful!!

Beverly said...

Absolutely love this!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable!

Brenda said...

This is absolutely wonderful! How fun and great colors too. I am having another snow day. Two in one year, when I have never had one that I can remember. So I crocheted a little and started getting the tax stuff together because hubs and I are going to G.R. to get it done on Wednesday evening. Hope you have a great week after all the snow has gone through.

Maria McCabe said...

This is sooooo cute!
Maria

SHORTY'S QUILTS said...

I want a Peacock mug rug.....
The very best of all lyou have done!

Poppyprint said...

The Mug rug is fabulous!!! Love the heart feathers.

Shannon said...

Oh I love it!!Look at all those little hearts!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~