Wednesday, February 02, 2011

I have a question for all of my fellow bloggers

I just received the nicest email from Deborah asking me to make it so my blog can be subscribed to via email. I have NO idea how to do that. Does anyone out there know how to do this and can you help me so I can make this option available on my blog??

I took the day off work today so I will be around and can work on it today so please, if you know how to do this get in touch. Either leave a comment or email me at mamaspark@gmail.com

I appreciate any assistance you can give me!!

XOP

EDIT: A great BIG Thank You goes out to all the people that left comments here. Thanks to Rachel, she was able to walk me through it. She is a relatively new quilter and she has a blog. So take a minute and go and visit her and tell her I sent you there to welcome her to the quilting community online!! So I guess you know that you can now subscribe to this blog via email. See the link on my left side bar!

8 comments:

Impera Magna said...

I'm not sure but try this:

On your blog dash board, go to DESIGN

Click on ADD A GADGET where you'd like the gadget to go.

Scroll down to: SUBSCRIPTION LINKS, just below LABELS.

Type in what you want the gadget to say: Subscribe To My Blog is what I just chose.

SAVE

SAVE

That should do it, I think.

Fiber Babble said...

Do a search for "blogger email subscription" (without the "). You'll get a number of helpful tips and tutes, at least one of which should send you on your merry way!

Lynne (Lily's Quilts) said...

Mmmm these questions are tricky for me - I think when you do what impera magna said you can subscribe through various readers but I don't think that sets up email subscription. I think you need to go to feedburner for that and this post tells you how (although I haven't done that myself however I did make a button for my blog yesterday and was excessively pleased with myself!).

Leah said...

If you use Microsoft Outlook has a section called RSS Feeds. When you download your email, it also downloads any new posts from blogs you have subscribed to. Outlook offers categorized lists of popular feeds you can subscribe to, like news and sports, but for other things that aren't as mainstream, you have to enter the feed address yourself. I do that for my husband so he can keep up with my own personal blog, that way he gets his news, and my blog updates every time he checks his email. That is the only way I can think of to subscribe through email, other than you personally sending out emails to everyone when you update your blog, which would be too much work imo. ;)

West Michigan Quilter said...

Pam, I use Feedblitz. If you go to my blog and click on where you can subscribe to my blog it will give you a link to their site. In fact, you can sign up for my blog and see how it works. You can always unsubscribe any time you want.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Hey Pam, I have received the same request. Could you send me the info on how to add it too, please.

SHORTY'S QUILTS said...

Pam I want to welcome the new blogger Rachel but I am not sure which bog is hers Can you help me because you have a lot of friends and blog sites on your BLOG

Micki said...

Here is a link that tells you exactly how to do it.
http://www.simplebloggertutorials.com/2010/05/how-to-add-subscribe-button-to-blogger.html

Micki

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~