Sunday, February 27, 2011

Just Checking In

I thought I would take a minute and check in with all my blogging buddies. How was your weekend?? I didn't do much to speak of on Saturday other than Body Pump and Zumba. Then I was whipped, LOL. I felt good. I am noticing some interesting changes in my body with all the weight lifting. I'm not losing any more weight but things are sure toning up! I guess we need to work at a way to beat gravity right, LOL. Just cleaning and laundry, like every other Saturday.

Today was a better sewing day though. I have a few things on my plate that I *still* can't talk about and even though my part is finished with one of them...zippo. So that being said, I felt I needed to work on something of mine that I needed to get done. But what?? I wanted something relatively easy, but kind of fun, you know? Then I remembered the Moda Bake Shop project that I had all cut out and waiting for me to sew. PERFECT!! I don't know if I told you this but I cut this same project out for Quilting Queen too (it was her Christmas present from me!!) Wanna see? Here it is in process.
Dreamy Stars 004
Of course no project would be complete without an adorable kitty helper right? So today the position of my lovely assistant is being played by Mosen. He really is kind of a lazy helper though, just look how I caught him napping on the job! For shame!!
Dreamy Stars 005
I worked on these for a few hours and finished 18! Here are a few laid out randomly!
Dreamy Stars 006
I didn't bother to arrange it just threw them on the floor for a quick pic before it got totally dark out. It will be sashed and stuff, just like the pattern. I am going to make mine bigger than the original one though and I think I am going to use some vintage sheet fabric I have for the cornerstones but haven't made up my mind about that yet. I have all my sashing cut but will need to cut the cornerstones so that choice can wait for awhile. I just may have all the blocks done this week. It was a super easy pattern to do and the quilt is going to be gorgeous, especially in the Dream On line I chose to work with. Can't you just see some impressive quilting done inside those Kona Snow stars?
I hope you all had a good weekend. I hear we are supposed to get more snow, *sigh*, I'm kind of tired of snow at this point, but it is better than freezing rain, right? Have a good rest of your evening and a GREAT Monday! XOP

9 comments:

Impera Magna said...

I love those blocks... so fresh and spring-like!

Crispy said...

Ooooo love this fabric!! I hope you don't get much snow. We've only gotten light dustings lately but I'm sure the spring snow will dump on us eventually.

Crispy

StitchinByTheLake said...

Love Kona Snow - buy it 10 yards at a time! Great pattern too - it's gonna' be gorgeous. blessings, marlene

Stitched With Prayer said...

So, sew, beautiful. Makes me look forward to spring. Hugs...

Allie said...

Love the Dream On fabric - your quilt will be gorgeous!

RobynLouise said...

Lol, the toning always starts way before the weight loss! Can you tell I've experienced this?
Love your helper and those blocks look very nice :)

Sparky said...

kitty helpers a must...but he does not look like he was helping at all.....NOW your blocks...ok..this has me surprisingly awestruck....gosh brightness, sew pretty indeed..and spring yes I am ready for it....but this kind of sunshine will be enough for me now...

Millie said...

The Dream on Fabric is just beautiful Mama Spark. I love how you have white start with the pretty colors for the background, something new from a plain white background.

tasha said...

i love the dream on star quilt!! that will be so beautiful when you finish! :)

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~