Thursday, February 10, 2011

New Blocks in the QAL's

I was able to finish my blocks for the Layer Cake QAL and the Jelly Roll QAL last night at quilting. I like how they came out.

LCQAL Block 8JRQAL block 8

Is anyone else having trouble with Blogger today? I scheduled a post for tomorrow and it posted today!!! I took it down and will re-post tomorrow sorry for any confusion.

I thought I would update you on the DD situation too. Apparently it is over and they have decided to try to remain friends. I don't see how that is going to work but whatever it's their choice. This is going to be so difficult for her but I know God has an amazing plan for her and her life. I have known from the beginning she was destined to do great things. She has an interview at North Carolina State University tomorrow for graduate school. I have to drive her to the airport today. Please keep her in your prayers. This school is her number one choice for grad school.

I hope you will all join me over at Stash Manicure tomorrow. I am looking forward to the visit over there with all of you!

8 comments:

Crispy said...

Great blocks the Jelly Roll project is my favorite so far :0)

Your DD is going to starting a new adventure in her life, who knows she may be meeting Mr Perfect along the way.

Crispy

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Wonderful blocks!
Your daughter is in my prayers for a promising future.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

How colorful are those blocks - they are just dancing. Many well wishes for your daughter - a great college choice.

Impera Magna said...

Best wishes to your DD for her interview at NCSU! Speaking from experience, NCSU is a fantastic school.... I got my undergrad degree there! *smile*

Brenda said...

Your blocks look great! See you tomorrow at Stash Manicure. I have been visiting everyday. Here and there!

RobynLouise said...

They are nice blocks :).
Best wishes for your DD's interview and hope she's accepted to her first choice of higher learning! She'll probably have enough on her mind with study and new routines to not even think about the 'other' gender :O.

Allie said...

Your blocks are great! Saying a prayer for DD.

hadacres said...

I made a king size string quilt for my son as his gift for completing his masters at Boston U last year. Mine was quilt as you go from a pattern I found on a blog out of Australia. I did it in browns & blues, if I may say so myself it came out pretty darn nice....
I can handle a little Jack in the Box, my 3 dogs may have something to say about the smells emitting from the box if I am so fortunate to win but that's besides the point.
thank you.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~