Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Nice Surprise Received In The Mail Yesterday

I have gotten to know many bloggers in the time I have been blogging. One of the first ones I "met" was Dorothy from Rantala Rags. She and are are kindred spirits politically. We converse online about politics periodically. I think she even ran for a local office too. She made some adorable little bags recently. One of them was out of some fabric that I am soooo in love with)I think this is a line by Prints Charming, through Marcus Brothers, if not it is very similar and I need to know the name if it is not the same). She said she didn't know what she was going to do with all of them, so I told her she could send that one to me = ) She asked me for my address last week and guess what showed up at my house yesterday??

Bag from Dorothy
YESSSSSSSS I LOVE IT!!!!!!! Thank you so much DOT!!!! I hope you are having a blast in Maui!! In the little note she called me her little internet buddy!! HAHA. I'm working to become "little" again, that's for sure. I feel so fortunate to have such nice blogging friends!! Dot made me really HAPPY!

I also had a wonderful little text from DD1 yesterday too. Here's what it said, (right out of the blue too) "Just want to say I love you". What?? Where did that come from, which is what I asked her. She texted me, "Nowhere, I just do". Now how lucky am I??

Many of you know LTW, my long arm quilter and one of my BFF's. Her dad passed away last Friday. He was in the hospital after having a heart attack and sadly he just wasn't strong enough to recover. Please keep her and her family in your prayers. I lost my mom many years ago and I am not looking forward to the day I lose my dad. I can't even imagine.

Bracing for the blizzard coming our way tonight. Stay safe!! XOP

6 comments:

Brenda said...

I too am finding it wonderful to make new friends through blogging. I moved so far away from my in person friends that I only get together with them once a month. Still hoping when the spring weather returns we may meet in person.

Impera Magna said...

What a nice thing for your friend Dot to do... and what a darling little bag! Love the fabric too...

Stay safe and warm with the blizzard headed your way...

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Friendship is the best thing I have found about blogging. Isn't amazing how our daughters can surprise us sometimes! Prayers for your friend and her family in their loss.
Stay warm and cozy!

Quilt n Queen said...

Very nice gesture from DD1....sweet....it would make me happy too:)

dot said...

Happy to see you received your bag. Maui is great. We have almost circled the entire island, one last jog tomorrow. I have promised my BIL, I will loose weight and come back for some hiking.

Crispy said...

What wonderful surprises you had!! If my son had just blurted that out I would be worried...he says it when I'm around or when we talk on the phone but to just say it because would be a wonderful feeling.

I'm sending prayers and gently hugs to LTW.

Crispy

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~