I thought that perhaps I should work on some sewing stuff on Sunday since I had not done anything the rest of the weekend so I decided I should cut out my latest 12 Days of Christmas block and work on it. You may remember that I am making 2 of each block so that when I am finished I will have 2 quilts. One for me and one for LTW. I liked this block, it was easy to put together and looks adorable when finished.
Here they are side by side, cute huh??
I did finish the back to that super secret project I can't tell you all about too so off to the quilter with it. I will tell you I was testing a pattern for a designer, but that's all I can say. Glad it is on it's way to be quilted though it was a big project!
I had a new grand niece born on March 3rd and I have a quilt all ready for her, it just needed the label, so I got to work and made the label for it as well as a label for the dragonfly quilt I had made for my DD2.
It was dark last night so I only took a photo of the labels, not the quilts. I will try to remember to do that tonight so you can see the fronts. I did try out my new stamp that I bought. I was thinking of using it on twill tape for quilts I plan on selling, rather than ordering pre-made twill tape labels (more expensive). I wanted to try the stamp out so used it on DD2's label. I really LOVE it. I can't believe how detailed the cat came out.
Now I need to try some twill labels. I'll have to stamp some up to take with us when we go to PA so Quiltin' Queen can put them on the quilt for me!! If you get time pop over to her blog and check out the embroidered blocks we (mostly she) made to aid the efforts to give aid to the flood victims in Queensland. The patterns were designed by Helen Stubbings.