Saturday, April 23, 2011

I've Been Sooooo Ill

I'm just going to throw this out there and tell you that I am so sorry for not posting .  I had pictures and I had good intentions of posting but WHAMO, I got hit by a horrible cold!  You know, fever, aches, headache, stuffy nose, runny nose, all that good stuff.  It hit me on Wednesday like a freight train.  I missed work on Wed, drugged up on Thursday and then took Friday off too so I could sleep.  I am still feeling sick but am improving.  Now to catch you up on the other things that have been happening, and there have been quite a few.

First I finished the wedding quilt for my nephew and his new bride.  They were married last December but are having a party at their new home in June.  I used Liz's GO! and cut out a tumbler quilt.  I had bought the fabric called Natural Effects quite some time ago and it was perfect for this quilt.  I had added some additional fabrics, mostly solids to it and I LOVE how it turned out.  I just need to make a back and it will be ready to go to Liz's house for quilting.


I want to make two rows of tumblers across a Kona Snow back.  I had some left over fabrics and thought about making some pillow cases to go with the quilt.  When I put this up on Flickr my friend Katy fell in love with it.  I am going to bring her all the left over tumblers and whatever fabrics I have after I make the pillow cases too.  Speaking of Katy, she made a great quilt called Scrap Vomit and asked for others to help her out with a block, so I made one of those for her too. 

I got another gift package in the mail for my going out and getting fabrics for others.  I think this was an amazing thank you gift pack, what do you think??
Last but not least I think I told you I make a quilt top for spring market, right?  Well I did.  You can see a sneak peek of the fabrics (and who the designer is) here.  I thought I was done, but I received an email last week asking if I would work on another quilt for someone quite special.  It will be on display at market too.  So sure, why not?  The fabric arrived at QQ's house on Friday afternoon.  As crappy as I felt I went over to her house and we cut everything out.  She is doing part and I am doing part.  I worked all day today and finally finished my part and brought it over to QQ''s house tonight.  She needed mine to do hers.  We are hoping to get it into the mail by Tuesday at the latest since it still needs to be quilted and bound all before market. 

I am still waiting for the last 2 blocks for the back of the quilt for Project Special Delivery then I can get that finished and off to Liz too.  I need to work on getting the top put together, but after the whirlwind of late I think I am going to just finish cleaning my house and cook and celebrate Easter with my family tomorrow.  How about you?  What have you been up to lately??

Have a blessed Easter and stop back, I just may have some more stuff to show you soon!  ~XOP~

11 comments:

Vickie said...

Wow Pam you have been busy! I love the wedding quilt! It's gorgeous! I can't wait to see your other projects! I'm sorry you have been sick but there is one good thing about getting the cold now at least it will be over with before market! Take care and get well!
Have a wonderful Easter with your family!

Crispy said...

Ooooo I LOVE your tumbler quilt, the fabrics you used are wonderful. How fun to be asked to help Ann out :0) Great gift too!!

Happy Easter and I hope you are 100% soon my friend.

Crispy

Impera Magna said...

So sorry to hear a nasty cold hit you this past week... and am glad you're feeling better now! Hope you're 100% better today...

Happy Easter!

Mommarock said...

Sorry you have been feeling poorly.. but gosh you sure have been getting alot done for feeling so bad.. Wowwie you are a busy gal! That tumbler quilt has such wonderful colors.. you did a GREAT job!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Bless your heart - working sick! Your quilt is beautiful and I know it will be even prettier when it's quilted. You have to get well! I know market is coming soon. blessings, marlene

rubyslipperz1052 said...

Ya gotta get better...girl! Sounds like fun projects...shoot, darn it all...it coulda/shoulda been a weee beeet more fun...iffin' y didn't have to play while you were sick. =0(

hugZ,
annie
rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com

Poppyprint said...

Sounds like you didn't really have time to be sick what with your current quilting schedule! I hope you are feeling better today. Wow, you've got so much going on. The tumbler quilt is a perfect wedding gift and I'm looking forward to seeing your Market quilts, too!

RobynLouise said...

I'm wondering how you could do so much while you were so sick. Lol, you wonder woman :). Hope you are all better now and no lingering after effects.

Allie said...

Sorry to hear you've been so sick, hon - hope you're better quick. The tumbler quilt is wonderful!

Sherrill said...

Ooo, Pam, were you checked for pneumonia? MAN, I was sick like you and went in on the 4th day of feeling crappy & had DOUBLE PNEUMONIA!! Had heavy-duty drugs and felt better after about a week but MAN! Hope you're better by now. LOVE the quilt!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Hope you had a Happy Easter Pam and are recovered from your cold. Wow, you are doing some special work for some special people all right! Will you get to go see your sewing at market?

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~