Monday, May 23, 2011

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Sparkle

Every year, Amy, runs a Blogger's Quilt Festival and this year is no exception. I want to participate but which quilt to post about? I finally decided on "Sparkle". I wrote about this quilt before but just in case you missed it here is the story.

My DD1 has drawn for a long time.  She loves to draw dragons.  A LOT.  She drew a purple dragon of herself in dragonform and called it "Sparkle".  In case you were wondering that is where my blog name came from, mama of Sparkle, aka Mama Spark.  When she graduated from high school I asked her to draw Sparkle so I could use it for a party invite.  This is the dragon she drew, and the invite said, "Graduate?  Already?"  (I left the words off)  Here is the applique and the original drawing:
Sparkle 003Sparkle 004


I think they are pretty close.  I hope you have enjoyed this little quilt!  I have enjoyed sharing it with you.  ~XOP~



4 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

It's adorable, if dragons can be adorable! (They can, right?)At any rate, you've done Sparkle proud.

Impera Magna said...

Wow... Sparkle looks great! Love the quilt!

Allie said...

I do love this quilt Pam! And I enjoyed reading about your trip to Market - sweet!

wordpress developers for hire said...

It seems to be the bloggers day. All the bloggers celebrating the day with joy and excitement.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~