Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I am Up To No Good

I guess I have been watching too much Harry Potter lately!  I am really not up to no good.  In fact I have been trying to be good.  You?  Anyway, I found a great new to me BOM called Crazy Cats.  Looks like Helena did a great job with these cats.  Check out her website and blog.  I love meeting new people from Sweden (that's where my ancestors hail from, mostly).

I have managed to do a few quilty things since returning from market too.  I got block 11 finished in the Designer Mystery BOM.  It was designed by Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill and is adorable!  I did get 2 cut and sewn.
My BasketLiz's basket
One for me and one for LTW
Both Baskets
I also finished block 4 in my Birdie Stitches block. I added the blossoms on the tree and I am really happy with the way it came out. Have you ever tried to press the embroidery? It is kind of tricky. I had a left over piece of batting hanging around and thought, hmm, I wonder if I could put the block face down on the batting and press from the back? Maybe that would get the wrinkles out and keep the embroidery standing nicely. It was kind of funny, but look how the batting looked when I took the block away.
Batting for pressing
A perfect mirror image! I used Quilter's Dream cotton batting to do this and my steam iron. Anyway, just a little side note that. I bet you want to see the block right?
Birdie Stitches block 4Birdie Stitches block 4
I was very happy with how it came out!

I am getting veteran quilts ready to drop off at the VA hospital this week for one of the groups I quilt with, the Plymouth Piecemakers. I drive by the hospital every day when I go home from work so I will drop off 15 quilts to them on Thursday. I squared up the Project Special Delivery quilt last night and will hand that off to PTM for the binding tomorrow. It has to be in the mail on June 8th. It was quilted with circles. I will get some pics once I get it back, wash and dry it. I love it when it gets all crinkly don't you? Jessie's quilt will be delivered this weekend at her party. Next up is finishing the JRQAL quilt and then I will have to make some choices about what to work on next. I'm pretty sure it will end up being my yard!! All my quilting has left my yard in DIRE need of some work. I am going to make DH and DS help me to get it back in shape. My plans for the upcoming weekend are to do LOTS of yard work.

Speaking of DH his birthday was yesterday. Poor dear, he had his braces (yes I said braces) adjusted and did not want the dinner I had planned for him. DD2 came home to celebrate with us so I made dinner for the 4 of us and we had cake (which DH ate) and then we walked up to the new ice cream shop for ice cream (I abstained). It was not a very eventful birthday but maybe at our age that's ok! Have a wonderful day!



6 comments:

Crispy said...

Happy Belated Birthday to your Hubby!! I think it's very cool that he has braces. It's never too late for that sort of thing.

Your blocks are great!! I really love the tweet ones :0)

Crispy

Karen said...

Looks like Christmas baskets to me. Pretty.

Bonnie said...

I live in Salt Lake and I hope that you had a wonderful time at Spring Quilt Market. I stumbled on your blog and had to tell you how much I love your basket blocks on this post. My quilt group is doing a friendship block exchange with all basket blocks. I wish I had seen this one. It is wonderful.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Your Christmas baskets are beautiful. It's so nice to have a BOM that doesn't skimp on fabric. Your Birdie Stitches block is wonderful - I like the addition of the blossoms in the tree. I usually iron mine face down on a towel and get the same results - lol.

~The Bargain Babe from *Zucchini Summer Blog* said...

Your blocks look great. Love the little birdie. Your poor dh. I remember how sore my mouth was after an orthodontist visit! Maybe tomorrow he'll feel more like eating. :)

Allie said...

Great basket blocks! Love your birdie stitches too. Happy Birthday to your dh!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~