Thursday, March 22, 2012

Hippity Hoppity Froggy's Almost Done!

Lest you think I have been slacking in the quilting department
 I did manage to plug away at the frog quilt. 
I had some time and slowly made the blocks.
 There was a 6" and 9" of each block.
 I did a little every night and look what happens when you do that!

Block 1

Block 2

Block 3

Blcok 4

block 5

I haven't made a block like this before
and I have to say I really like this block!
I may have to make some of these in the future.

block 6

The one with the frog in the middle was my favorite.
 Maybe because I altered not only the center but the actual block on the 9" one.
 Now I am thinking that you may like to see that one in a table runner?
 It is similar to the one I designed for the FQ Star QAL here.

So on Tuesday, after my root canal,
I decided to see if I could put the whole thing together.
 I got the entire top pieced, it just needs the borders.
 I am hoping to get to those tonight or tomorrow night.

Froggy quilt
I love the little guy diving in at the bottom. 
And the girl in the middle embroidery.
 She is so sweet!

If you are interested, this is the block I want to use to do a tutorial on.

block 4

I did it in a new to me way and thought you might enjoy the experiment too.
I think this will be "coming soon", sometime after the blog hop is over.

Have a wonderful day and keep those comments coming on the giveaway post right here.

I am listening and
 I am thinking about how to improve my blog so I hope you come back to visit soon.

Have a wonderful day!



Deb said...

Tell me about the blocks that have the frogs diving, etc. Are they embroidered, painted? It is SO cute!

Gmama Jane said...

That is the cutest quilt ever!! I have the same question as Deb about the embroidered or painted blocks. My grandson would love that quilt.
Great job!
Gmama Jane

Judy Blinkenberg said...

I would love a tutorial on these blocks! As a confident beginner, who can't seem to sew a straight line, it would be great. There are many special fabrics that I'd like to showcase and what a great block to do it. Thank you.

Bettina Groh said...

Love those froggies!!! Great colors too!

Richard Healey said...

Love the frogs they are totally cool great quilt.


Jan-Maree said...

What a fabulous quilt! Love it

Bettina Groh said...

After receiving a reply to my comment.. I showed my husband the quilt! He said, "oh, yeah! Lot of pizazz!"

Nancy Sue said...

Those frogs are so cute...Makes me want to kiss'em, prince or no prince :)

Faith said...

Wow I love the greens Pam you know Im a green a holic! with that green hexagon coat Im working on... I love the froggy quilt combining embroidered pictures and blocks, gosh those blocks are so neat too..... ive not been brave enough to attempt blocks like these YET! x

Quilt n Queen said...

Love it....cute frogs.....I'll put it on my 'to do' list. Hope you are having a great day!!:o)

Kay said...

Love the quilt--Where did you find this pattern?

Post a Comment

I am always thrilled to hear what you, my readers, have to say. C'mon...make my day!!