Thursday, March 22, 2012

Hippity Hoppity Froggy's Almost Done!

Lest you think I have been slacking in the quilting department
 I did manage to plug away at the frog quilt. 
I had some time and slowly made the blocks.
 There was a 6" and 9" of each block.
 I did a little every night and look what happens when you do that!

Block 1

Block 2

Block 3

Blcok 4

block 5

I haven't made a block like this before
and I have to say I really like this block!
I may have to make some of these in the future.

block 6

The one with the frog in the middle was my favorite.
 Maybe because I altered not only the center but the actual block on the 9" one.
 Now I am thinking that you may like to see that one in a table runner?
 Anyone?
 It is similar to the one I designed for the FQ Star QAL here.

So on Tuesday, after my root canal,
I decided to see if I could put the whole thing together.
 I got the entire top pieced, it just needs the borders.
 I am hoping to get to those tonight or tomorrow night.

Froggy quilt
I love the little guy diving in at the bottom. 
And the girl in the middle embroidery.
 She is so sweet!

If you are interested, this is the block I want to use to do a tutorial on.


block 4

I did it in a new to me way and thought you might enjoy the experiment too.
I think this will be "coming soon", sometime after the blog hop is over.

Have a wonderful day and keep those comments coming on the giveaway post right here.

I am listening and
 I am thinking about how to improve my blog so I hope you come back to visit soon.

Have a wonderful day!

~XOP~



11 comments:

Deb said...

Tell me about the blocks that have the frogs diving, etc. Are they embroidered, painted? It is SO cute!

Gmama Jane said...

That is the cutest quilt ever!! I have the same question as Deb about the embroidered or painted blocks. My grandson would love that quilt.
Great job!
Blessings
Gmama Jane

Judy said...

I would love a tutorial on these blocks! As a confident beginner, who can't seem to sew a straight line, it would be great. There are many special fabrics that I'd like to showcase and what a great block to do it. Thank you.

Bettina Groh said...

Love those froggies!!! Great colors too!

Richard Healey said...

Love the frogs they are totally cool great quilt.

http//richardquilts.blogspot.com
http://trackmyshows.com

Jan Maree said...

What a fabulous quilt! Love it

Bettina Groh said...

After receiving a reply to my comment.. I showed my husband the quilt! He said, "oh, yeah! Lot of pizazz!"

Nancy Sue said...

Those frogs are so cute...Makes me want to kiss'em, prince or no prince :)

Faith said...

Wow I love the greens Pam you know Im a green a holic! with that green hexagon coat Im working on... I love the froggy quilt combining embroidered pictures and blocks, gosh those blocks are so neat too..... ive not been brave enough to attempt blocks like these YET! x

Quilt n Queen said...

Love it....cute frogs.....I'll put it on my 'to do' list. Hope you are having a great day!!:o)

Kay said...

Love the quilt--Where did you find this pattern?

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~