Thursday, March 29, 2012

Some Recent Purchases

I haven't had much time at night to blog and catch you up on some of my goings on so
I thought I would take a minute on my lunch to share some recent purchases. 
When we were driving up to GR I asked DH to stop in Mason so I could go to Kean's
They are a candy/general store with fabric!! 
They usually have things I can't find at the shops near my house. 
More modern fabrics. 
They didn't disappoint. 
They had gotten in some FMF so I bought a little, no really, just a little.
 Seeeeeeeee...


Stash addition

Oh and the orange? 
 AMH Innocent Crush. 
 I love orange lately! 
Believe it or not, there is another shop right around the corner, although it is an actual quilt shop.
 It is called Yards of Fabric. 
 I couldn't find a web address for it but it carries a lot of more traditional fabric.
 Just look at this beauty I found for a quilt for my daughter, the peacock breeder!

Peacock fabric for Shelby

There were companion fabrics that I think I will stop back and check out tomorrow when I drive back to GR to see my dad.
 I was going to make the
 I kept hemming and hawing about how I wanted to do that and I think I will use these colors and maybe some purples. 
 That quilt is on my list but kind of far down the list, LOL.

I did finish binding a quilt last night but need to get photos. 
 I will be spending the day at my dad's tomorrow cleaning and running him around.
 I hope it's a nice day tomorrow!
 Have a wonderful day!

~XOP~




10 comments:

Anna said...

this is eye candy for someone who on her last week of the self imposed fabric diet! I love the orange and am gaga for the dots!

Impera Magna said...

Ooooo.... you found some real goodies!

Karen said...

I love your new fabrics! I am all about orange lately too, such a great color :)

ytsmom said...

Hope things go well with, and for, your Dad. It's hard when they think they are still independent, but clearly they need some help. Thinking of you during this time.

Teresa in Music City said...

Oooh love your new fabrics! I made a wonderful quilt out of the Peacock fabric - it is just gorgeous!!!

Quiltluver said...

Beautiful colors in the peacock fabric. Those are 2 of my favorite stores. I love all the special trims at Yards of Fabric.

Vickie said...

Oh my, I love the orange and the other fabric, too, but the peacock fabric is gorgeous! Very vibrant! Have a great weekend!

Denise :) said...

Oh the orange -- yeah, I've had a thing for orange here lately, too! Love the colors in the peacock fabric!!!! :)

Quilt n Queen said...

Loving that orange too, luv them all....it's been a long while since DH and I had a road trip to Mason....I'm thinking we will have to go. Enjoy your weekend...take a little time to do some sewing!!!

Bunny said...

Great fabric do you know who makes the peacock fabric it is gorgeous. Would like to find it here in Canada

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~