Monday, April 16, 2012

Blogging Friends and More Cleaning At My Dad's

Blogging friends are so wonderful aren't they?  
I have a friend, Faith, that lives in the UK. 
 She sends me the most thoughtful and fantastic gifts! 
 Here is the latest gift send to me from Faith.

Gifts from Faith

I have not eaten the chocolate yet but those little coconut babies on the left? 
Freaking AWESOME!!

I went to my dad's on Friday instead of going to work. 
 This is my life every other Friday. 
 I took him and my sister to see my other sister because he has not seen her in awhile. 
 She lives in a group home and has a lot of mental problems 
(born mentally retarded, cataracts on both eyes, schizophrenic and bipolar).
 I have not seen her in a very long time either. 
 Unfortunately, she did not really know any of us and did not talk to us.
 We stayed and visited as best we could and then I took them home. 
 She is on a lot of medication to keep her psychosis under control. 
 She also has to have ect (electro convulsive therapy) 
every other week, so I understand her not knowing us.
 I'm glad I could take my dad to see her though. 
 Then we came home and started cleaning his dining room table.
 See that clean half? 
That took  3 hours to do with both of us working!!

Half the table clean in 3 hours!!!

I also cleaned some of the front closet out, still more to do there but it's a start!

Lest you think I didn't do anything quilt related, I did. 
 I got the binding sewn on the Halloween Quilt. 
 Aiden approves!

Aiden

I also worked on my dad's quilt some this weekend. 
 I got half of it sewn together. 
 I only have 1 more snowball to rip apart and re-sew then I can begin putting the last 4 rows together.

I hope you had a productive weekend too!

~XOP~




10 comments:

rubyslipperz1052 said...

I was cleaning up my dinning room table that looked very much like your dad's...We don't eat in there very often, unless we have company. We had a "family" dinner Saturday night and it took me several hours to HAUL everything off and distribute to several other locations. I can't believe how "it" adds up so fast..

I'm glad that you were able to share a bit of time as a family with your sister. Sorry to hear that she is so ill. =(

Great cat company...unconditional love...for our projects and us =)

hugZ,
annie

Vroomans' Quilts said...

A tough situation and I feel for you - wish I was closer to help out. I fear I will be doing the 'clearing' soon as my mother is failing. Have not been upstairs on her side of the house and I understand it is like 'hoarders' up there. She's starting to creep into the downstairs, which I can control.

Allie said...

(((((((Pam)))))) You sure do have your work cut out for you, sweetie, trying to take care of everyone. I'm glad you were able to fit in some stitching!

kathy said...

My new FAVORITE magazine is Quiltmania! You really did get a special treat from your friend!Good luck with all your family caretaking... its a tough job.Be sure to take care of yourself as well.

Anna said...

ah yi yi!!! a full plate of family stuff...I totally get this phase of our life. I am glad you got to fit a little quilting in...(((hugs)))

Brenda said...

Not very productive here. Had our 4 grandsons and went to my youngest daughters baby shower. I did get some stitching in on my Raspberry Rabbits QAL block for March and now that Aprils is out I would like to put it in high speed so I might get Aprils done before Mays...Yeah right.

Jan Maree said...

You have a lot on your hands. Your family is lucky to have you. Glad you got to fit in some sewing time. Thinking of you.

Impera Magna said...

...I'm glad you had the time to take your father and sister to visit your sister. As difficult as it may be, you'll always be glad you did...

I've tried to keep up with other people's stuff like your dad's... it can be a full time job...

I'm also glad you have some quilting therapy to turn to... does wonders for me!

Faith said...

Im glad you like the little goodies, Quiltmania magazine is so addictive, its therapy just looking at the pages especially before going to sleep.
Im pleased you were able to see your dad and your sisters big (((((((((hugs)))))))))))))) from me the dogs and Isis the cat x

Sara said...

What a terrific friend you have from the UK!!!! Lots of yummy delights!

Sorry to hear about your sister. Glad to hear that she is getting the care that she needs. My younger brother of two has OCD and my mom never been classified,but she has a mental illness..long story:(

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~