Monday, April 30, 2012

I Need Some Help

As you saw in my last post  I finished my dad's quilt top.
 Now I am looking for some fabric for the back. 
I would love to find this fabric.


It is by Robert Kaufman.
 If anyone has some they can spare or where I can purchase some I would be so grateful.
 My dad was in the Air Force and this would be great fabric for the back, or even part of the back.

What I didn't tell you about the rest of the weekend is that I went over to my BFF's house on Friday and basted another chenille blanket for a new great nephew that is already here!
 I guess I need to get sewing on that one.
 We had not had a sewing day over at her place in quite awhile and it was great to reconnect! 
I miss her!

I also managed to get the second block finished for my Bee Vintage bee. 
There are 2 queens each month and they choose the block they want. 
I have both my May blocks done now and just need the addresses so I can send them off.
 I hope I can keep up!


May Block 2 

 I like how this one came out too. 
 It's a BIG block at 15.5" x 15.5" but was easy enough to make.
 If anyone is interested in a tutorial on how to make this block let me know 
and I will put one together. 


Please remember that the Sliced Apples QAL begins tomorrow. 
You will get the fabric requirements and get to see what the finished quilt will look like.
 We will give you 2 weeks to get your fabric together and then post the cutting instructions.
 We would love it if you let us know that you are going to participate.
Don't forget to put the button on your side bar! 
There will be prizes! 

 ~XOP~ 

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Cute fabric!
Looking forward to the QAL as I have never done one. This will be fun, I'm sure :D

Impera Magna said...

Do you know the name of the fabric line? Or the year?

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~