Monday, April 09, 2012

Relaxing Weekend

I hope all my friends that celebrate Easter and Passover had a nice celebration with their families. 
We didn't have anyone coming over to celebrate so my day was completely different from the usual run around cleaning and cooking kind of day.
 I went to the grocery store as we finally decided we needed some kind of Easter dinner,
but mostly I worked in the yard on Saturday and I sewed on Sunday.
I also finished reading the first book of the Hunger Games.
I can't wait for book 2!!

I had to trim a quilt so I could put the binding on.
 Look at who wanted to help!
Oh Jack!
He *has* to be wherever I am.

Jack helping trim a quilt

I did get it trimmed and the binding made but not attached. 
 I used the same creepy cat fabric you see on the back for the binding. 
 I am going to have some left over if anyone is in need of some creepy cat, flannel binding! 
 Just LMK!

I did get the binding attached to the water quilt so now I can begin the hand stitching of that one. 
 I need to have that done by the time I go to Raleigh to visit DD2 since it is for her
 and it would be a great summer quilt.

As I was looking for the binding I came across some 6" squares I had cut and thought, 
"oh why not?" 
So I sewed them into a cute little baby quilt.
 I even found some Nemo fabric to use for the back!

Underwater baby (2)

Underwater baby (3)

I will probably put it up in my ETSY when it is all finished. 
It was nice to have something done and ready to hand off to Liz today.

I will leave you with a few pics of Autumn.
 She loves to go where it is warm and I will frequently find her curled up under my Ott light. 
 I didn't think it gave off much heat but apparently it must!

Autumn

This one is my favorite.

Autumn

Have a wonderful Monday!

~XOP~


PS. I have decided the big reveal for what I am working on will come the last week in April.
 I hope you will all play along with me! 
 Curious yet?

8 comments:

Karen said...

Nice relaxing time for you, wonderful! I couldn't put down the hunger games series, so good! Not sure if I will see the movie yet though. Your cats are so cute! I am curious about your project too

dream quilt create said...

I am sure looking forward to your big reveal!!

MB in MI said...

Very curious!! The baby quilt is adorable...and your kitty is too :-)

Deb said...

I purchased the Hunger Games book for my Nook Tablet, but haven't started reading it yet...and I want to see the movie. Guess I need to get started!

Sara said...

I need to make some stuff for my neglected ETSY shop...soon maybe;)

Sheila said...

Love the pictures of your calico cat! I used to have one I called Blossom. She was a good cat.
Finished up the 3 Hunger Games books. Read the last one in a day.
Sounds like you had a calm Easter :)

ytsmom said...

One of my cats (Bits), loves to be under the lamps too! We call her Bits because she is just a 'bit' of a cat.

West Michigan Quilter said...

The first book of the Hunger Game series did disturb me in that it was written for Teens. However she is such a wonderful writer I had to read all three books. Now I want to see the movie. I love your cats and hope to fine one for myself soon.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~