Friday, April 27, 2012

Sure, You Can Pay Me In Mendocino!

Have you ever seen that commercial where some girl wants to pay for something she asks the  cashiers if she can pay with Trident's Seven Layer gum?
 They say "Sure, you can pay us with gum".
 Then the custodian says "No one ever wants to pay me with gum".
  Here it is if you haven't seen it.



I know you are asking "Why is she sharing this with us?"

I did some pattern testing for Jacquie Gering recently.
 She called me last week and one of the things we were talking about was Mendocino.
 I recently saw someone asking for a HUGE amount of money for some of Heather Ross's fabric.  Jacquie piped up and told me that she had quite a stash of it.
 I was seriously swooning!
 So I quipped, "You can pay me in Mendocino".
She laughed and this is what arrived at my house today.



I almost fell over when I opened the package!
 She had this note inside: 


I have the BEST friends! 
 Thanks Jacquie. 
 I love it and am happy to help you out whenever you need it!!

 ~XOP~ 

13 comments:

Sara said...

Jaw dropped!!!! Congratulations!

Jan Maree said...

How do I get on Jacquie's list of volunteers? Have fun! Have lots of fun!

MB in MI said...

So cool! Quilters are the best...have fun with that great fabric.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

And everybody is happy...!! Great pay Pam!

Donna~~ said...

How fun--definitely better than gum! (Should I confess I had no idea what Mendicino was? :) Guess I have been missing out!)

Karen said...

Brat! Oh, I mean good for you! :D

Anna said...

wow...I want to be paid that way!!!

Allie said...

LOL - look at you, little rich girl!!! Enjoy!!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

How fun! Enjoy!

Brenda said...

I bet you did a happy dance! Yeah for you!

Teresa in Music City said...

That is absolutely what friends are for!

Faith said...

That is great Ive never heard of that word before, thought it was a type of coffee, lol

jacquie said...

my pleasure, my friend...now get sewing!!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~