Tuesday, August 20, 2013

AQS Grand Rapids Quilt Show

Last weekend when we were slaving away in GR I go 2 hours to myself to go to the BIG quilt show.  It was fabulous!  
I only had 2 hours and there were a lot of quilts and even more vendors! 
 I only made it to a few of the vendors but did a little damage.  
I will share a few of my favorite quilts but 
if you want to see them all I will be uploading them to my Flickr account.


This quilt was simply stunning!!


Loved this birdie


This one looked like a painting.
 Seriously!

I really loved the use of value in this quilt


Totally awesome!


I enjoyed the playfulness of this one.


There were a LOT of beautiful quilts at this show. 
 See more on my Flickr account.
I also scored in that I got to meet up with my friend Jacquie, as she was teaching at the show.  
She had some of her amazing work in her class. 
 I didn't have much time but promises were made to get together "real soon". 
 LOL  
With her crazy schedule it might only be via facetime! 

 Miss her, but here is some of what she had with her.


This was her flip and turn class I think.


Love this one.


Who am I kidding?  I love them all


Hey look...kites!


So after I was forced to leave done at the show, 
we went to my sister's and built IKEA furniture for 2 and a half hours.  

Then over to take my dad out for dinner. 

 Notice those holes in his shorts?


You can see the one on his inner right leg really well here.


Why you may ask, am I showing you the holy shorts?  
We call them the shotgun shorts. 
 One day not too long ago, he was putting his shotgun away and
 was not sure if he had gotten all the shells out of the gun. 
 Now normal people would just check inside, or perhaps count the number of shells you loaded. 
 Not my dad, no sir, wayyy too easy to do it that way.  
Instead he saw a HUGE pile of jeans on the floor and thought, 

 "hey those are pretty dense I'll just shoot into those and 
if there is a shell in the gun no harm no foul, right? "

 And BANG!!!  
There was a shell.  
It went through ALL the jeans, through the floor and out the basement window!!!  

I refuse to buy him new pants.  
This way he remembers what he did.  

Oh and I case you were wondering, I took all the ammo in the house too = )  
Can't have him shooting up the neighborhood!!

Crazy old man!!

~XOP~


8 comments:

Gwen said...

I'm sorry, but I could not help it -- I laughed
out loud at your Dad's antics. I imagine you weren't laughing when you first found out, though, I hope in time you can. The things our parents put us through in their second childhood! Oh, and thanks for the beautiful pictures.

beaquilter said...

LOL at the shorts, my husband has shorts like that too but just from wear and tear, we call them his GOLF shorts, they have 19 holes or whatever it is in gold....
lovely quilts

dianne said...

i was wondering how the heck he could have worn holes in the inside and outside of his knees ... it probably scared the beejeezus out of you when you found out what he did - maybe Spirit thought you were running out of things to have to worry about, huh?!?

and now i'm gonna go check out your other pictures - i LOVE what you've posted...

dianne said...

i was wondering how the heck he could have worn holes in the inside and outside of his knees ... it probably scared the beejeezus out of you when you found out what he did - maybe Spirit thought you were running out of things to have to worry about, huh?!?

and now i'm gonna go check out your other pictures - i LOVE what you've posted...

~Diana said...

Crazy dad! When the child becomes the parent...

My daughter loves foxes, and she is an artist...she loved that quilt! Thanks for sharing :)

Beautiful Villas France said...

These are all looking mind blowing thanks for the sharing and just keep up the good work.

Michele said...

Wow! Those quilts are all stunning. And the holes story is fantastic, one that will be told in your family for years and years to come.

Heather A said...

I laughed at your story about the shotgun shorts! My Dad had a similar incident when I was a little girl. He was demonstrating some "gun safety" practices mostly to my two older brothers. He demonstrated outside how, even after making sure the chamber was cleared, you should hold the gun toward the ground and pull the trigger as a precaution. Then we walked into the house and he was still talking about gun safety and he again pulled the trigger while he was standing in the kitchen. To all of our surprise (especially his) there was a "bang" and a bullet went right through the floor, through the lid of the freezer below, and lodged in some frozen meat inside the freezer. For years there was a nail filling the spot in the hole in the kitchen floor and Dad had to patch the lid of the freezer.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~