Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Tribute to Gizmo

If you follow my blog you will probably know all about Gizmo  
Remember Gizmo, the house peacock?  No?  
Well here are some photos of him to refresh your memory.




My daughter raised him from the time he was 6 days old.  They shared a special bond.


Gizmo got very ill last week. 
 He stopped eating and drinking and was very lethargic.  
Shelby took him to the vet on Friday and got some antibiotics.  
On the way home, she was stopped at a light in her car and the person behind her did not stop 
and she was rear ended.  
She is fine and so was Gizmo, but the car?  Not so much. 
 Then on Saturday while we were away, I received the text I did not want.  
Gizmo passed away.  
My daughter is just distraught!  
So yesterday we drove to Michigan State to have a necropsy done 
so we can know what Gizzy died from.  
It was very hard for her to say good bye and leave him there and I am so proud of her for doing it. 
 I know when she has time to grieve she will want to imprint another peacock so she needs to know if there is something at her house that caused his death.  
She is thinking a protozoan infection but hopefully we will know something soon.  

This is how I will remember him the best!


RIP Gizmo. 
 You were one loved and spoiled birdie!  
We will all miss you but I know you are now with Osiris and my dad keeping God amused! 

Shelby has a very loving tribute she wrote about Gizmo and you can read it here.

A good friend of hers (cataclysmess) painted this for her.
Love you Gizmo!


~XOP~



8 comments:

Anita in Florida said...

I am so sorry for the loss of Gizmo...he was very special. My thoughts are with all of you. God bless.

Anita in Florida said...

I just read Shelby's beautiful tribute to Gizmo. I am amazed at that little guy...and, again, so very sorry for your loss.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I read her post. All I think of peacocks are the ones that the neighbors have that sit on my porch and make me feel like I am in an old Tarzan movie all night Gizmo sounds like a sweetie though.

Hilachas said...

Oh, it is so hard to lose a beloved pet. Sorry about Gizmo :(

Lisa said...

Having lost a pet this year as well I can certainly understand how she feels. Please tell her that I am praying for her..

~Diana said...

When it rains, it pours. So sorry for the loss of Gizmo, he was one cool looking companion.

Mtntop Quilter said...

I am very sorry to hear about Gizmo. It was a joy to see such a wonderful bird and human together.

beaquilter said...

aww so sorry, so much loss for your family lately! big CYBER hugs from here.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~