Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Charity Quilt From YOU, My Friends

I figured that I needed to work with the extra blocks you all sent to me and 
make that charity quilt that I said I would make.  
I pulled out the blocks and lo and behold, there were not that many extras.  
In fact, not even enough to make a small charity quilt.  
What's a girl to do?  
I diligently begun to make more to put with these. 
 Autumn thought I was crazy! 
 She's a cat, so what does she know?


I made what I thought was enough and it was not.  
Looked like I needed to make one more row.
  Or did I? 
 Maybe I could put sashing between the rows and call it good enough?  
YES, I certainly could do that and so that's exactly what I ended up doing.


I had this amazingly adorable sea life flannel just hanging around so I used that for the back.  
It is all pinned and ready to quilt. 
 Straight line quilting is what is on board for this little quilt.


When it is finished I will link up to the 100 Quilts for Kids.  
Linking up to the WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced too.

Are you considering making a quilt for the 100 Quilts for Kids?  
If you are not, you should consider it.

~XOP~


6 comments:

margaret said...

I do like the block you and others have used here, another one for me to learn how to do

Judy in Michigan said...

Is this the quilt for your sick friend? or are these the left over blocks made into another quilt? Whatever, it really came out neat!! Love the idea and glad I could help.

SHORTY'S QUILTS said...

This is a different style quilt but knowing you that is nothing new.
Please send me information about donating a Quilt. I may already have one.
I may need someone to hand quilt on it.

SHORTY'S QUILTS said...

I just read the link and I won't have it done in time. But I will work on one for next year.

Margo said...

Love your cheeky cat! I think the quilt has already been claimed! Love the quilt! the colors are great!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Cute quilt. Love your backing.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~