Wednesday, April 13, 2016

A Little Birdie Told Me

I have no idea where my new birdie fixation has come from.  
Honestly, you all know I am really more of a cat person.  
I was working on my The Splendid Sampler blocks when the seagull block came up. 
 I don't know about you but even though most birds are beautiful 
I can't help but think of these birds as rats with wings.  
They are the biggest beggars!  
Since my quilt will have a more retro feel to it, I decided to just draft my own birds. 
 This is the resulting block. 
 I posted this on Facebook and someone actually enlarged and printed it off and 
asked if they could make my birds! 
 LOL.  



As you all know there are 4 babies in my circle of family and friends being born this month.  
I have finished one quilt and have the second one basted but 
the next one was totally unplanned and last minute! 
 I have a couple of baby quilt patterns that I have been dying to make. 
 I hauled one out for this baby.  She is not due for a few months so I figure I have time.

I am only making the 4 blocks. 
 I plan to sash them with yellow stars as the corner stones and then frame the whole quilt in prairie points in lavender and yellow with a white outer border. 
 Or that's what I think I want to do.  As always I will have to let the quilt tell me what it wants.
Pattern is called Feathers and is by Lydia Nelson.

Here are my 4 birdies.  You can't see it in these photos but the white has birds on it too.


I am loving breaking out of my normal comfort zone for something like this!
I am trying to decide if I want to embroider a label.
If I do that means I can't finish the quilt until after the baby is born.
They know her name but I won't know the birthdate.
That means waiting to do the quilting.
Decisions, decisions!

Getting ready for the bridal shower too.
I have ordered the fabric for the oven mitts.
I bought the glass etching liquid last night for the casserole dish.
I decided to try that instead of paint.
I will take photos so you can see how it goes.
I ordered the dish towels that I want to embroider.
Looks like I will be doing the embroidery soon since the shower is the beginning of May!!

Linking up with Let's Bee Social

What are you working on?

~XOP~



3 comments:

beaquilter said...

all the birds are adorable

Ioleen said...

Another beautiful quilt in the making.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Your birds are adorable, and I love the quilt it is going to be so sweet.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~