Tuesday, May 03, 2016

May Is For Makers



Have you heard about the May is for Makers event that is going on? 
 Lindsey over at LR Stitched started this.  Pop on over and check it out.

Basically, for the month of May, folks are pledging to support Indie designers.  
You don't know what an Indie designer is? 
 It is a designer that is not affiliated with a major company or organization. 
Someone that has not hit it big, so to speak.
 You all know some.  I'm sure of it.  
That little ETSY shop with the cutest stitchery patterns.  
That one blogger that has the best quilt patterns.  

I would consider myself one of these people.  
I have friends that are these people.  
Some of my favorite patterns are from these people.  
Have you met Lorna over at Sew Fresh Quilts?  She has some amazing quilt patterns. 
 How about Kelly at Jeli Quilts?  Her paper pieced patterns are to die for.

Whimsy Quilts has been asking Indie designers to link up their info on her Instagram page.
  Many folks are pledging to buy one pattern a week for the month of May 
to support these amazing designers.  

We all love stuff for free, but designers can't support themselves that way.  
If we don't participate maybe some of them will stop designing.  That would be a travesty!  
As a designer myself, I know I have doubts and wonder if my patterns are good enough for people to spend their hard earned money on.  
Many of the patterns out there are not super expensive.  
Skip that cup of expensive coffee and buy a pattern or two this month. 

 I will be doing this and sharing each week the new pattern I purchased. 
 I was going to do it on Monday, but since it is already Tuesday, I think I will post about the pattern I  buy on Wednesdays.  
You can link up any designer patterns you purchase on that post too!  
I will see if I can figure out how to make a linky list.  This will be a new skill for me!

I would love to hear your thoughts on this.  
I would also love you all to participate and show your support for the Indie designers out there.

~XOP~


2 comments:

KaHolly said...

I plan to participate, as well, but am doing hospital duty for a friend having surgery this week, so I'll be a little late. I love Lorna's patterns, and will definitely check out Jeli Quilts! Thanks for the link! XO

Ioleen said...

I am supporting later today. Going to check our Jeli Quilts.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~