Tuesday, October 04, 2016

Hallowedding Bridal Shower

I bet you have all been waiting for the bridal shower post right?  
Sorry, my weekend was crazy and then so was my Monday!  HA!
  It seems to be a pattern at the moment.  
Is it November yet??  
LOL

The shower was at a beautiful room at the Hunt Club in Jackson, MI.  
My wonderful SIL and my niece were the two responsible for most of the planning. 
 My SIL, Mary, is one crazy, overachieving woman and I love her to death. 
 She and I have always had a special bond ever since I joined their crazy, big family. 
 OK on to the shower.

The theme was "stock the reception bar".  
Since my daughter has had her own house for awhile now 
she did not really want a traditional shower (shocker). 
 Nothing about her is "traditional".  
We all got there around noon and began the room set up.  


Those Jack-O-Lanterns lit up.  There were ravens and the cutest Hallowine glasses.



Aunt Mary and my daughter.  (Yes, Mary just had rotator cuff surgery a few days before the shower)


Mary's DIL, my niece, did the desert table.  Death By Chocolate!  She made everything from scratch.


These two!  They have been friends ever since Carla joined the family.


My friend Lisa, drove up from Indiana to attend.  My SIL made all the party gifts.  
These wooden pumpkins were adorable!


My beautiful SIL showing yet another fabulous pumpkin me amazing SIL Mary made for the gifts.


Obligatory photo at the fabulous desert table.


Shelby opening her gifts.  The hat on a headband was very popular, LOL.


My daughter with her soon to be SIL (on the left) and MIL (on the right).  
So happy these two joined us for the fun!


All in all the shower was a huge success.  
The pizza and breadsticks were some of the best I have had.  
The pizza crust tasted like breadsticks.  
Not sure how they did that but usually the crust is not my favorite part, great sauce too. 
 Shelby got a lot of great alcohol for the reception too.  
Our trunk was FULL and so were our hearts.  


Mary also filled these mugs with caramel corn and let Shelby take the Hallowine glasses with her too.


I can't thank Mary and Carla enough for throwing such an amazing shower for my daughter.  
It was exactly what she wanted.  
You guys are the BEST!

~XOP~


8 comments:

KaHolly said...

Looks like it was so much fun! So glad you took lots of great pictures! XO

dianne said...

how fun is that?!? and a refreshing change from the usual bridal shower gift requests, too (some gift registries are painful, aren't they?!?) and it looks like the guests are there to celebrate and have a good time, instead of out of obligation - which always makes for fun...

dianne said...

p.s. - I miss your bloglist!!!

Jan @Cocoa Quilts said...

Love this as a shower idea. Sure is a great change of pace from the standard showers. Looks like everyone had a blast.

Ioleen said...

A good time had by all I would say. Great idea for a shower.

CA Bobbie said...

Your shout outs for family are great BUT you are one talented and over achiever yourself. Great fun is all I can say.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

The shower looks fabulous. I think it was a great idea.

Lisa S. said...

Great idea to have a 'stock the bar' shower!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~