Wednesday, August 23, 2017

The Traveling Quilter

I have determined that when we travel (in our camper or otherwise) and quilt shops are involved I will post under this header.  
Last weekend my husband, the kittens and I went to a new campground.
  It was called Eby Pines, located in northern Indiana. 
 If you are interested in our travels with kittens and quilt related content then come on along with us!

First up is the traveling with kittens part.  
These guys decided that they did NOT want to travel in their carrier. 
 So I decided to try letting them out and see how they did.  
Hubby was not thrilled at first but then this happened.  
Finn decided that the appropriate place for him to be was in his dad's arms, just like at home!  
At first hubby was not so sure but once he settled in things were fine.




Not to be left alone in the carrier, Cole came out and settled in on my lap for the 3 + hour drive.


When we got to the campground, we set up the pet tent and put the boys in that.
This allowed us to go in and out of the camper and not have them get out and get lost.

This campground had some quilt shops nearby.
Hubby even scouted them out for me!

First up was a little shop in Bristol called Lavender Patch.
We had to cross the St. Joseph river as we parked at a nearby park and walked to the shop.
The park was beautiful and the river was too!


I thought this guy was pretty funny!


This was the inside of the shop.  
They had some nice fabric.  
I bought a gold backing for the snake quilt and 
a pattern of a Christmas tree made from log cabin blocks.


We drove into Shipshewana, but since you have probably all seen my photos 
of Lolly's and Yoder's I didn't snap any new pics.  
I will have to do better about that in the future!

I did get a picture of the kittens enjoying the bed in the camper though.  It was later that night.


 We stopped at a shop in Middlebury called the Pumpkinvine Quilting.  This was a fabulous shop!


I managed to find lots of goodies here. 
Some older Scrumptious by Bonnie and Camille, as well as some rainbow for binding. 


We also stopped here, at the Corn Crib, The Quilt Shop.  


I have been here before and the shop is quite small.  I found a great airplane quilt pattern here.


They had giftware in the Corn Crib too and I spotted this amazing peacock Santa. 
 Hmmm...I wonder who might need this?


No trip to Shipshewana is complete without a few buggy photos.


I never get tired of seeing these.  
When we pulled up to E & S Sales there was a buggy 
with three little Amish girls looking out the back window.  
I wanted to take their picture so badly, but I didn't.


So on to my fabric purchases.  I found this unique fabric at Lollys.  I fell in love with the deer!


Most of this was purchased from the Pumpkinvine Quilting shop,
 with the exception of the gold which I got at the Lavender Patch.


I bought these fabrics at Yoder's Department Store in Shipshewana too. 
 I could not resist that top right fabric for my camper quilt. 
 I also found some "What Pet Should I get?" fabric.  
The cat fabric in that line is adorable!  
The pink and black are for bindings, the dot to go with the deer, the molecules for a science quilt, 
the whales for a friend and the brown tabby print because Finn!


On our trip home we just kept the boys out of the crate to begin with. 
 I think I am going to purchase a  window perch for the car and see how that goes, but mostly they just wanted to be together on one of our laps.  
Since that was not the best idea for the driver, and Finny got there first, Cole had to settle for being as close as possible to his dad and Finny while not actually in his lap.


Overall, a very good trip for us all.
I hope you enjoyed our travels and will stop back for more.

~XOP~


9 comments:

Gail said...

My son lives in Bristol so I'm there often. Love all the quilt shops. If you ever that way again drive to South Bend and check out Erica,s. Love that your kitties like to ride.

Cocoa Quilts said...

Love to follow the travels. Yoders and Pumpkinville are two of my favorites.

Anonymous said...

Loved hearing about the kitty adventures!

Lesley Gilbert said...

I loved reading today's travelogue and what well behaved cats you have :)

Ioleen said...

Love every line of this post. Great quilt shops and well behaved kitties.

Judy in Michigan said...

Best wishes for a great new adventure - The Traveling Quilter. Love it!!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I have fun living vicariously through you and the kittie's travels right now. Love your fabric acquisitions.

KaHolly said...

Ha, ha! Traveling with those kittens is a riot! They seem so laid back. Glad you had a nice getaway!

Cthompson said...

Enjoyed your post, kittens & fabric. We also have two kittens and want to take them camping. What is a pet tent? Might need to check into that. Thank you, Christine

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~