Friday, September 01, 2017

Good Friends and Gratuitous Kitten Photos

I want to take a few minutes heading into the holiday weekend to share 
a few recent gifts from my internet friends.  
First up is a pillow cover my friend Kayla made for me.  
Isn't it gorgeous?


Then totally out of the blue, my friend Judy sent me some strips for my scrap quilt.  
I was so amazed and thankful!  
If any of you have 1.5" wide pieces x up to 4" long and want to sew those together and send some to me just message me for my mailing address. 
 It is a great leader/ender project!  
Also, my friend Carol, sent me a tracing of a Spartan helmet.  
I am considering using that as an applique for a MSU quilt for the camper bed!  
(It is the tissue under the card in this photo.) 
Thank you ladies!!!


Last night I was *trying* to work on the star quilt but Finny had other ideas.  
He sorely wanted my attention as you can see here.  


Here he was helping me sew. 
 I finally had to put him out of the room, LOL.  
He is so cute though.


With hubby away they have been more needy than usual of my time. 
 What is everyone up to this weekend? 
 I have a birthday party for my great niece to go to tomorrow and then pick up hubby.  
No big plans after that.  
DD1 asked me to come over and watch some TV show with her she is excited about but 
that is a BIG time commitment.  
She would want me to watch both seasons and the episodes she has saved after that.  
Sounds like a good one though.  
Revolution I think is the name.

Whatever you do, enjoy your long weekend 
(if you live in the US)
and if not then enjoy your weekend!

~XOP~


3 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Binge watching tv huh? Well you could at least get a lot of handwork done.

Cynthia's Creating Ark said...

I have 2 sets of curtains to make before I can done any fun sewing for me. Enjoy your long weekend. Normal weekend here Australia.

KaHolly said...

It's a long weekend up here in Canada, too! And the weather is cold and wet, so perfect for some guilt-free sewing. That's a cute little helper you've got there. So soft looking. I miss having a kitty.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~