Monday, November 20, 2017

Sew Beachy Part 2

The retreat continues.  There was so much to post I needed to break it into several parts.

We left off with Friday night.  
Now I will go into the rest of the retreat.  
This shows our sewing space in the garage of the 10 bedroom house.


 I was working on some more of my Ocean Wave HST's


Like a dum dum I forgot my Clearly Perfect.  
OH NOOOOOO!!  
So I borrowed some tape and made a poor man's version 
(yes, I hate drawing lines that much!)  
Worked like a charm too!!


We had a little shopping at Super Buzzy.  What a great shop!  Cutting took a LONG time though.


Next up some of us went to Roxanne's (my roomies and me!)


Traci and Mel having fun!


Look at all that Kaffe!!!!


I'm pretty sure if you want Kaffe and they don't have it you are SOL, just sayin'


She also had some cute painted vintage machines for sale



 Of course the green and white one was a favorite of mine.


This was such a cute shop!


Jamie of Made by Jamie was at the retreat and taught us to make the New Clutch Wallet.  
Isn't she so cute?


This is my wallet.  I LOVE it!  Thanks again Jamie for all your help!!


This is the inside.  


Group photo of everyone that made a wallet.  


It appears that we were well stocked with alcohol too as you can see in our fridge.


There was a silent auction and raffle baskets too.  This will go toward next year's deposit.


We played a rousing game of LRC, but I didn't get any photos of us playing or the loot pile.

The sunsets were so gorgeous every night.


The sun reflecting back toward the house we were staying at was amazing on Sunday night.


I wanted to go for a walk on the beach on Sunday night.


Mel and Traci joined me and we met up with Peggy when we were almost back to the house.


Mel, me and Traci



Several of us being goofy.


Later in the evening sunset.


This is 2 of the 3 Pam's that were at the retreat.  We had so much fun together. 
 I wish she lived closer.


Darla, Traci, Mel, Me and Paula.  All my roomies except for Darla.


Darla was the organizer of this entire adventure.  
Thanks for a great time and I look forward to doing this again sometime!


4 comments:

Nancy A: rangerer@sbcglobal.net said...

Curious to know where this was and how much the vintage machine were.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

What fun!

Needled Mom said...

It looks like so much fun. Isn't Roxannes a great shop? My non sewing friends enjoy it as much as my sewing friends do.

mtquilter said...

Looks like you had so much fun! I love retreats. Not sure how much sewing I'd get done at the beach though, unless it was raining!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~