Tuesday, January 02, 2018

My Son's Birthday

Birthdays are great except when they happen around the holidays. 
 Well, they are still great, but it is more difficult to make them special.  
My son's is the day after Christmas!  
This year we drove to GR to see my sister and her boyfriend and exchange gifts.  
We all went out for dinner and my son got to have steak for his birthday dinner.

He had asked me to make him a Samoa cheesecake for his birthday cake.  
I gave it a try and it was AMAZING!  
Just let me tell you how much I wanted to face plant right in that cheesecake!!!


This is supposed to mimic the Girl Scout Samoa cookies. 
So amazing!


He thought I had forgotten him as I had a handmade gift for everyone but him on Christmas.


 I think he knew as soon as he lifted it out of the box what it was.


He had asked me to make him a Detroit Sports Quilt.  
The very first thing he said was "Why did you put Michigan in there?" 
 I laughed and reminded him that when he originally asked me to make the quilt he asked me to include both Michigan and Michigan State.  


I put gray Minky on the back and it was so soft.  He loved it.


 Happy birthday to my son.  
You are an amazing young man and I can't wait to see what the future holds for you!

Love, Mom xoxo

~XOP~



4 comments:

Quilting Tangent said...

Good job, he'll snuggle and watch the games.

Ioleen said...

He looks extremely happy with his quilt. Happy Birthday 🎂

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Happy Birthday to your son. Love that smile on his face when he was his quilt!!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Great quilt. Looks like it will be adored.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~