Wednesday, January 24, 2018

WIPs With Friends

Hi dear friends!  
I have not had any time to work on a single project this past week!  
I took the Featherweight class on Saturday that took up most of my day.  
Then on Sunday I had to play catch up with all the stuff I should have done on Saturday. 
 I went to my son's and picked up his laundry, did my laundry, and some cleaning 
along with some meal prep for the week.  
Being on Weight Watchers requires some meal prep for me for my lunches for the week.  

So I thought I would share a quilt top that I recently sent to the quilter. 
 I made a baby quilt a couple of years ago for a friend.  
I loved the color combo, lavender and yellow.  
I had extra squares left over from her quilt so 
I decided to design another baby quilt to use up the squares.  
It was languishing in a corner but in my quest to finish up some past projects (WIPs), 
I pulled this one out and finished the top!

This is a close up of the center, showing the peacock.  
Isn't he handsome?


I did a straight stitch around all of the applique before I sent it to the quilter.  


This is what the whole top looks like.  
It is not a very big quilt and you can use a single width of fabric for the backing 
(read, you don't have to piece the back!)  
I made a new page of my free patterns.
I put this up as the first pattern!
Please download it and enjoy making your own.
Personal use only.


So now it is your turn.  What are you working on?  
Share some inspiration with us!
Link up using the linky button.
I'm also linking up with Sew Fresh Quilts

~XOP~



8 comments:

Terry said...

Very cute, but I don't have babies to sew for. Thanks for the offer.

Ioleen said...

He is indeed handsome. I think the size is probably good for a new born.

Rebecca Grace said...

Your peacock quilt is super cute! I'm glad you enjoyed your Featherweight class. I love mine for piecing!

Jacqueline said...

What a cute baby quilt

Betsy the "Flannel Fairy" said...

The quilt is beautiful - thanks for sharing!

Lynette said...

What a cute baby quilt - and yes, I love that combo of lavendar and yellow.

Bettina Groh said...

Did you know that there is a Featherweight group on Facebook? Just discovered it myself. It is a closed one and I just was accepted. It seems like a very active group.

beaquilter said...

this is adorable, isn't it your daughter that has a peacock? (with diapers on?)

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~