Saturday, May 28, 2011

Scrap Vomit Block

Ok, I've scammed my DD!'s computer for today while she is away attending a wedding (bwahahaha) but...I can't upload my photos here so today I am borrowing a photo from my friend Katy.  Before spring market I volunteered to make her a "scrap vomit" block for her quilt.  I didn't take a picture of it before giving it to her so I asked her if she would take one for me.  I couldn't post it before market because I put Anne Sutton's "Puttin' on the Ritz" fabric in there.  Now, though, since the fabric is out, I can show you the block. Except for the fact it is  in England and all.  Katy came to my rescue and took a photo for me so I could share it with you guys.
from Pam
Photo courtesy of Katy
The fun part about this was using up some scraps to make the block.  The squares are 2.5" each and there are 49 squares in each block.  I liked fussy cutting the round robin and the other bird.  Can you spot the Liberty of London prints in there?  Also the gray from Puttin' on the Ritz?  Maybe some Castle Peeps?  Thanks Katy, for sharing the pic with me.

DH has some home made baked beans simmering in the crock pot, he soaked the beans last night and everything) and I have 2 pans of cheesy potatoes in the oven for the party we are supposed to be going to at 4pm at our neighbors.  I already gave them the beer to chill!! 

I hope you get to spend some time with the people you care about this weekend too.  Talk to you when I get a chance to be on someone's computer again, LOL!  ~XOP~

9 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Are you going to make yourself a Scrap Vomit quilt Pam?
This block is perfect!

Poppyprint said...

Hey, I recognize some of those Liberty prints...perchance some boxer shorts from Target? I happen to have the same prints!

Brita said...

Oh, too funny! This is one quilt I certainly don't have the patience to make. Too many seams to match, eeks!

RobynLouise said...

Great quilt but I'd go crazy piecing together all those little blocks on that scale. I've done tiny suduko blocks that haven't been made into anything yet and they're not as square as I could have wished.

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Gorgeous block, I thought I recognised some liberty, though I'm fairly new to liberty so not sure if I have spied all of them!!! I hope you had a wonderful evening with friends. xo

Crispy said...

I rarely click on a picture to see something closer but I had to look at all the fabrics you used :0) I haven't a clue about which ones are Liberty but I had to check out the greys you used. Are they all from Anne's line? Oh cool block btw...

Crispy

dianne said...

the BLOCK is way cool - but the NAME of the block is sickening - makes me want to hurl ... ha ha ha!

we are going to see Thor this morning - can you think of anything more spiritual to do on a sunday morning?!?

Allie said...

Love the block but hate the name, lol! Hope you enjoyed the party!

Unknown said...

hehe. Scrap Vomit. Anyways, I love this block. I've actually done this before, with much smaller squares, but never thought to call it that! Well done, whoever came up with that name. And such a beautiful block! I posted a link back to your post on my blog here:

http://thecreativeartist-jordan.blogspot.com/2011/05/link-collection-3.html

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~