I finally get to share the wedding quilt with all of you!!
I asked the bride and groom to please give me some ideas for quilts they liked
and that I told them I would choose from those.
I chose the pattern Minimal Triangles.
It was not really difficult but I was making a HUGE quilt so there were a LOT of triangles.
The size I wanted to make was not a listed size so I was not really sure how many I needed.
At my retreat in July, everyone kept asking me.
Finally my sweet SIL figured it out
(although that number ended up not being right either).
I ended up using 600 triangle units!
The chosen colors were gray and white.
I put a few pops of aqua in to break it up.
It was a little boring to make so many of the same thing in the same colors.
The pattern is a good one but
she doesn't really tell you how to line up the rows so that the ends work out right.
You add a white one on each end and then cut them once the entire top is put together.
I ended up taking 2 rows apart and re-sewing them but that was not too bad.
So without further ado, here are some photos!
It turned out to be 100" X 112"
My friend, Liz, did the quilting. I had Celtic knots done and I love how the quilting came out!
I hand embroidered this label on the back.
(I used some sparkly thread too)
I was tickled to find this border fabric.
It is light gray triangles with a few teal ones on the charcoal background.
They opened it after the rehearsal party was done.
BOTH of them wanted it on their bed so the next day I put it on the bed.
It looks great with the pillow covers I made for the shower.
It seems to be Mitch approved too.