Monday, February 15, 2016

Post Wedding Let Down

Do you too feel a let down after a big event?  
My daughter's best friend got married on Saturday.  She was gorgeous and he was handsome.  
All my photos are crappy as the lighting was pretty low. 
 On Saturday morning I managed to get two bee blocks made.


I used the cut off itty bitty triangles to arrange on some charm squares. 
 I got the idea from Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts.  
I think I will make a few "blocks" then sew them together and quilt up a mini.  
Or maybe I will make them into coasters?  Who knows.  
I put a dab of glue on the underside of each triangle to hold them in place until I can quilt them.


Here is the quilt all "wrapped" up and ready to gift.


The wedding was supposed to be at 4 so we had no hurry but I got a call from my daughter.  
In quite a panic, "mom, can you please bring a sewing kit?  Annie's zipper broke and the safety pins look horrible.  Bring it and sew her into her dress before the wedding!"  
It is certainly not perfect but it did hold up for the entire evening festivities!


It's so difficult to take moving photos with your phone.  This was my daughter and the best man.


I did get this one of my daughter and my husband.  I think this was the best photo of the night!


Kelsey and Nick (and some one photo bombing)


Me and Kelsey.
(I hate photos of myself)


This was the only photo I could find (posted on Jess's FB) of all the bridesmaids and the bride.


It was a lovely evening and we were so happy to be able to celebrate with them!

Congratulations Amy and Matt!

~XOP~



2 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I have a tendency to not think about anything that happens after a big event, so when the big event happens, then the door is wide open for whatever and that can sometimes be like a letdown. Your blocks are pretty. And what a cute way to use up those triangle bits.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I get that let down sometimes. Kind of like when you are working on a project and when it is finally done. Love your bee blocks, and the little bonus ones you are working on. The girls are lovely, as well as the momma, and the pic with her and her daddy are great too. I love candid shots.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~