Wednesday, July 06, 2016

WIPs With Friends

I have ventured into doing some garment making of late. 
 I have decided to try making a dress for an expected little girl. 

 I have a shower in a few weeks and since the grandma has already made EVERYTHING that baby will need, I decided to make a few dresses. 

 I found a great pattern on ETSY. 
 It's called the Hula Hoop Dress.  
If you want to make one too you can buy the pattern right here. 

(photo from the pattern pictures on ETSY)

My dress making skills are a little rusty, but I am going to try.  
The buttonhole will be the most difficult as 
I have never made these in all the time I have owned my Bernina! 
 Can you believe that??  
I am making a practice dress first. 
 I got it all cut out last night. 
Of course I had supervision, although she was laying down on the job!

 Peachy Pearl Bracelets for the skirt.


Pairs perfectly with some Fig Tree fabric for the top. 
 I have big plans for making at least a couple of these if this one turns out.


Now it is time for you to share with us what you are working on.  Please link up.
  I am linking up with Let's Bee Social

~XOP~





3 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Oh that dress will be adorable.

dianne said...

really cute!!!

Jacqueline said...

I love your practice fabric choices.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~