Saturday, October 22, 2016

Keuka Lake and Dr Frank's Winery

After our morning at Watkins Glen we decided to visit the town of Hammondsport. 
 It is at the base of Keuka lake.  
It was a cute little town and it even had a quilt shop! 
 Of course you know I bought stuff there.  It also had a neat antique shop where I found this gem.  
I collect these and had never seen this one before.


Here we are at the lake in the park.  It was a really pretty lake too and the park was fabulous.


This is a video from shore to shore of Keuka Lake



Keuka Lake


After shopping and visiting the lake we drove north to visit Dr Konstantin Frank's winery.  
You can see the grape vines and Keuka lake from the hill the winery is on.




Spied this little pond on the way out of the winery.
We did taste some wine and bought a few bottles here as well.
I think our wine rack is now re-stocked!


Next up is our trip to Ithaca and the Corning Glass Museum.

Hope you are enjoying our trip!

~XOP~


3 comments:

Jan @Cocoa Quilts said...

Looks like a beautiful day. Glad to see you are enjoying your trip.

Ioleen said...

You had nice weather on your vacation. Beautiful scenery, thanks for sharing.

Lisa S. said...

I might tell my hubby that we need to take this exact vacation someday.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~