Wednesday, October 05, 2016

WIPs With Friends

I have not been working on much in the way of quilt things due to getting ready for the wedding. 
 As you know the shower was last weekend on Saturday so that took up most of the day.  
Then some friends from out of town wanted to buy my dad's snowmobile so we spent a good portion of our day at the farm getting it loaded and on it's way.  
Weekends are my "get stuff done" around the house time too.  
I did clean up a space near my sewing room and 
got rid of a bag of fabric I won't use so that was good.  
I managed to piece two witches for the quilt though and plan out the next few blocks.

When I was finished with them all I could think of was the song from White Christmas...



I like how they turned out but wonder if I should have made their dresses all black.  
What do you think?  
Not that I am going to change them anyway, just curious. 
 This witch pattern is available on Craftsy.  It was really easy to make too, so BONUS!


I need to take down the other things on my design wall and start putting these up there.  
It is fun to make the blocks but I need to see what I am missing.  

I will link up with Let's Bee Social over at Sew Fresh Quilts.

I know I talk about my cat Autumn a lot.  She is my constant companion in my sewing room and quite the pest most of the time when I am working. 
 She has decided that she *must* only drink water from my water bottle and only when it is full with both ice and water. 
 I think I got the video to upload.
If you turn up the sound you can hear her rough tongue scraping across the ice!



Now it's your turn to link up your finishes here. 
 Remember that if you do post in the link up here
 you should post a link back to this post on your own blog too.

So now it's your turn to share what you are working on.  
Please use the linky to link up and share that you linked up to WIPs With Friends on your blog too.  If using Instagram please use the hashtag
#wipswithfriends.  
We can't wait to see what you are working on!
Use the blue Inllinkz button to link up and spread the word by linking back to this post!


~XOP~




5 comments:

Amy said...

I was pleasantly surprised to see the Sisters on Lorna's Social Bee, and I followed them here. There was a quilt shop in New Jersey that had a similar pattern for their Row By Row in 2014. Thanks for the reminder. Time to dig out the kit. I'd like to sew them for this Halloween!

Run 'n Stitch said...

I like the fabrics you used for the dresses. Black might have been too boring. Can't wait to see the finished quilt.

Ioleen said...

Love the witches. Would be nice to see the blocks you have done so far up on the design wall.

c said...

Looking for the cat pattern at the top of your blog. Contact me at
Kingcooper0001@aol.com

c said...

Looking for the cat pattern at the top of your blog. Contact me at
Kingcooper0001@aol.com

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~