Tuesday, March 26, 2024

It's Been a Minute

 I am so sorry it's been so long. 
 Life seems to be moving at warp speed these days. 
 Theo girl is already 7 months old.  
She is crusing around the furniture and I don't think it will be long before we have an independent walker, oh my!


Avery is almost three and a half already.
Learning his letters and we are having a lot of fun together.


My health.
I went home to MI in Feb for a quilt retreat but also for doctor appointments.
Mammogram was normal.
Oncology visit was normal.
Learned my oncologist is also a quilter.
I think we spent more time talking quilting after my check up was done than during the appointment!
She is awesome.

Quilt retreat was up next.
Met up with my SIL, my friend Kailie and my other friend Cori.
It was a much needed respite from childcare duties.


I had made this ghost pillow to go with the book,
the Patchwork Quilt that was a Ghost.
I stuffed him and closed him up at retreat.
I have a second one waiting to stuff and close at home.


Kailie taught me how to make a Hamingway pouch.
I am now OBSESSED with them.
I made this one for my kindle


I used 2 of my favorite Tilda fabrics.


Next up were some advent calendars.
I made this exact one for Avery and he loves his "mail pockets" so much
 one of his friends asked for one too
I made 2 of these.  
One for his friend and one for a dear friend of the family.
She had twin girls and has another daughter, and recently they just had a son.


This is the back of the one for Avery's friend


And this is the back of the one for our friends kids


Realizing that perhaps it might be too much to expect 4 kids to share one,
I made a second one for them.
Isn't this house the cutest?


This is the back of the house one.
The directions tell you how to add the pockets but not really how to finish it.
I quilted all three, and added the tabs then bound them.
They came out pretty cute, I think.
Can't wait to mail these off next fall.


Another quilt on the "to do" list was this Minnie mouse quilt.
I needed to bind it so I could gift it.
I managed to get it bound while at retreat.
Will have to gift when I get home in the fall.
I used a white minky on the back.


Here we are on our last day together.
I sure do miss these ladies!


Seems like all this just happened yet it was a whole month ago already!
I have more quilty things to catch you up on.
I will be posting over the next few days to catch up.

Hope you all have been well!

~XOP~


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~