Friday, February 05, 2016

Friday Finish

I had this finished a few weeks ago but, apparently, I didn't blog about it. 
 I did manage to finish my chenille blanket.
  I found this fox fabric at JAF last year and could not resist purchasing some. 
 It made the cutest blanket!  This is what it looked like after I washed and bound it.  


In this photo you are seeing it after the wash and before the dryer.


One of my friends on IG asked what the lint trap looked like during the drying process so this is my lint trap about 15 minutes into the drying cycle. 
 Not as bad as some of the ones I have done though.  
Always make sure to check about every 15 minutes.  


This is what it looks like before going into the washer. 
 All the rows are cut, the blanket has been squared up and bound.
If you are interested in how to make one you can check out my tutorial page.


Apparently these are not just for babies.  Cats love them also!


I will link this up with Crazy Mom Quilts for her Finish it Friday.  

I will be working on the hand stitching down the binding for the first wedding quilt this weekend along with cleaning up the house for house guests next weekend.  
Of course we will also be making some great snacks for Super Bowl Sunday too.  
What are you up to this weekend??

Linking up to the Finish along here
See my original list here

~XOP~




9 comments:

Charlene S said...

Beautiful blanket.

Ioleen said...

Very nice finish.

Judy in Michigan said...

Such a cute blanket!! Love the fabric...I need to try this technique. What did the first 3? layers on top look like?? Have a great weekend. Go Broncos!!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Very pretty. Well of course she needs a soft blankie too.

Carie @ Space for the Butterflies said...

Oh what an adorable backing fabric - the whole quilt looks wonderfully snuggly!!

Gemini Jen NZ said...

Gorgeous fabric! I love the look of this quilt.

Sue said...

That is such a pretty blanket. The fabric is just lovely! Your cat has great taste!

margaret said...

that has worked very well and one vcry contented cat!

Jess @ Elven Garden Quilts said...

My cats spend their days sleeping on the various quilts around our house, so this is a familiar sight ;o) Thank you for participating in the 2016 FAL, on behalf of the global FAL hosts :o)

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~